Topics

Bayou Jumper Important News

Walter - K5EST

....please forward the news to anyone or club that would be interested.....thank you!....

The Bayou Jumper transceiver is open for orders.

The regen receiver and transmitter with inductor coils built into the pc board and reminiscence of the spy radios used in WWII spy activities is now ready to ship.

To enjoy all the benefits of this famous little transceiver, please join in the Yahoo Groups reflector listed on the above webpage. There are discussions as how to determine the frequency or spot the crystal frequency just using the rig's receiver. Plus there are building hints and additions that add to the fun. Also when finished building you may want to register to obtain a spy number. Seems the fun is never ending!

Thank you for supporting 4SQRP kits which in turn support OzarkCon at Branson, MO. The 2017 OzarkCon is April 7-8. Watch http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.php for registration opening!

72/73....Walter Dufrain - K5EST    ....    4SQRP Kit Mgr

wa2cky

DONE!! One on order as of this minute.  Looking forward to my new 'challenge' (what my wife would call a 'toy' but, hey, whose arguing).

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY

David Wilcox

When I bought the case at Hobby Lobby all my wife of 44 years did was roll her eyes...... How humiliating for such a respectable hobby.  She still wishes some times she had married a doctor who played  golf and drove a sports car.  What did she get.  One who drives a 30 year old VW camper van and has a hobby that goes beep, beep, beep in the night.

Dave K8WPE

On Jan 19, 2017, at 3:16 PM, Bob Groh bob.groh@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

DONE!! One on order as of this minute.  Looking forward to my new 'challenge' (what my wife would call a 'toy' but, hey, whose arguing).

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY

Johnny AC0BQ

That's True Dave
Sometimes they just don't understand our hobby, but thank God they tolerate us!!!

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 6:55 PM David Wilcox djwilcox01@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

When I bought the case at Hobby Lobby all my wife of 44 years did was roll her eyes...... How humiliating for such a respectable hobby.  She still wishes some times she had married a doctor who played  golf and drove a sports car.  What did she get.  One who drives a 30 year old VW camper van and has a hobby that goes beep, beep, beep in the night.

Dave K8WPE

On Jan 19, 2017, at 3:16 PM, Bob Groh bob.groh@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

DONE!! One on order as of this minute.  Looking forward to my new 'challenge' (what my wife would call a 'toy' but, hey, whose arguing).

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY

random.path

There are known to be doctors that play ham radio instead of golf. Marrying a doctor might not have been a good solution!

Chip
AE5KA

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 7:54 PM, David Wilcox djwilcox01@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

When I bought the case at Hobby Lobby all my wife of 44 years did was roll her eyes...... How humiliating for such a respectable hobby.  She still wishes some times she had married a doctor who played  golf and drove a sports car.  What did she get.  One who drives a 30 year old VW camper van and has a hobby that goes beep, beep, beep in the night.

Dave K8WPE

On Jan 19, 2017, at 3:16 PM, Bob Groh bob.groh@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

DONE!! One on order as of this minute.  Looking forward to my new 'challenge' (what my wife would call a 'toy' but, hey, whose arguing).

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY

David Wilcox

I will remind my wife of that. Actually, this is one of those times when neither one of us had much to say about it.  She was a nurse at the hospital and on the first day she decided she didn't like me.  But, she was game for a free dinner at a nice restaurant and a movie, besides her girlfriends would have lined up to take her place if it were available, so she couldn't say no.  Her mother and I hit it off right away and her mother drove off the other few guys that were beating a path to their door.  Her brother was a doctor, sister a nurse and they liked me.  And I had to marry her to get her parents.  They were salt of the earth kind of folks, well known and respected in the community, and adopted me on the first date.  Her dad was the dad I had lost due to death at age 15 and we hunted and fished together.  She didn't have a chance to say no!  It's been good for 44 years.  Besides, everything is in her name.  Who would want me?

Dave K8WPE

On Jan 20, 2017, at 8:14 AM, CStratton groups@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

Charles W. Powell

Guilty as charged.  But then I’m not a neurosurgeon, only a pediatrician. (Bottom of the food chain!)  And my wife glazes over when I mention Ham Radio, and says, “Yes dear…"

72,

Chas - NK8O

On Jan 20, 2017, at 8:17 AM, David Wilcox djwilcox01@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

Bottom of the food chain ????   Really ?

And I always thought a Proctologist held that honor !!

NA1MH

On 1/20/2017 08:34, Charles Powell doctorcwp@... [4sqrp] wrote:
Bottom of the food chain!

David Wilcox

Chas,

You are down on my level....... I started out as a General Practitioner but many of the clan felt it didn't have enough prestige..... So they invented "Family Medicine" and I got certified in that along with "Correctional Medicine" (otherwise known as jail doc...... Just a good old GP serving a captive patient group.  Had a lot of fun. Never really worked a day in my life, and made a lot of friends in the process.

Ham Radio helped keep me sane and kept me away from bars and wild women.

Dave K8WPE

On Jan 20, 2017, at 9:34 AM, Charles Powell doctorcwp@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

That's a good one.  They do their work, get paid for it, and hope that everything comes out alright in the end.

Dave K8WPE

On Jan 20, 2017, at 10:51 AM, David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Bottom of the food chain ????   Really ?

And I always thought a Proctologist held that honor !!

NA1MH

On 1/20/2017 08:34, Charles Powell doctorcwp@... [4sqrp] wrote:
Bottom of the food chain!

Wayne Dillon

See, Ham radio does have it's down side...
Wayne - NQ0RP

http://www.ozarkcon.com/stone_castle/stone_castle.htm

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP 40m NCS
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686
Zombie# 1186

RWeeks <neotoxo54@...>

Say what you will about proctologist...
But...keep in mind...They are well paid for dealing with ####### everyday... 😜

SENT FROM MY IPAD MINI
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF
East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29B
Arkansas Trappers Assoc.
South Western Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29A

On Jan 20, 2017, at 10:15, Wayne Dillon wayne.dillon@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

Richard Dickerson

Based on NBME board scores dermatologists and ophthalmologist are top and psychiatrists are on the bottom

Richard WF2F

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 20, 2017, at 13:39, RWeeks neotoxo54@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

Paul Smith

Very good story Dave,

I my Toodles 46 years ago about now and her folks ALWAYS treated me like I was their own.... In a few months we will celebrate 45 years and she say she still likes me..... wow de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook