FDIM 2017 Buildathon kit announcement.

Rex Harper

Gangue,

I just posted the info/registration page for the FDIM 2017 Buildathon on my website.

The Buildathon this year will be a crystal oscillator and frequency combination unit suitable  for measuring crystals during the crystal grinding process....AND...we will be grinding a 'worthless' out-of-band FT-243 crystal thereby turning it into a useful 40m QRP crystal. I will be supplying a FT-243 with the kit so everyone should leave with TWO neat constructions.

Link to the website: http://qrpme.com/?p=product&id=B17

There isn't any info on the kit as it ain't been designed yet! It will be a reworking and updating of two previous designs: the 2011 Build-Along crystal checker kit and the 2105 Buildathon Frequency Counter kit. The new kit will merge both functions together and add a stable time base suitable for crystal grinding purposes.

With all the talk on the lists about FT-243 crystals, I figured it was time to bring back the Crystal Grinding workshop I hosted at the Ozarkcon convention way back in 2006. Everyone there had a blast re-working an FT-243 crystal and bringing the frequency up to 7030. A good time was had by all.

Hope to see some of you there!

Rex  W1REX

keith ford

Rex, when will they be available to the general public?

Keith

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 18:00, Rex Harper w1rex@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Gangue,

I just posted the info/registration page for the FDIM 2017 Buildathon on my website.

The Buildathon this year will be a crystal oscillator and frequency combination unit suitable  for measuring crystals during the crystal grinding process....AND...we will be grinding a 'worthless' out-of-band FT-243 crystal thereby turning it into a useful 40m QRP crystal. I will be supplying a FT-243 with the kit so everyone should leave with TWO neat constructions.

Link to the website: http://qrpme.com/?p=product&id=B17

There isn't any info on the kit as it ain't been designed yet! It will be a reworking and updating of two previous designs: the 2011 Build-Along crystal checker kit and the 2105 Buildathon Frequency Counter kit. The new kit will merge both functions together and add a stable time base suitable for crystal grinding purposes.

With all the talk on the lists about FT-243 crystals, I figured it was time to bring back the Crystal Grinding workshop I hosted at the Ozarkcon convention way back in 2006. Everyone there had a blast re-working an FT-243 crystal and bringing the frequency up to 7030. A good time was had by all.

Hope to see some of you there!

Rex  W1REX