Topics

Preferred tone frequency

davemrtn <davemrtn@...>

I am not wanting to cause a long thread of responses to my question, but here it goes...

A few years ago when the Hi-Per-Mite was first released, there considerable discussion of the ideal or preferred tone frequency for cw.

Does know or remember the results of that discussion ?

What was the majority preference for tone freq. ?

NA1MH

Curt

My guess is our preferences mostly fit between 650 and 750 Hz.  Note if a rig isn't adjustable,  the offset between the transmitter and our favorite pitch gives our offset error.

73 Curt

dekle@...

See 4sqrp Group message number 5214.

Bill
KV6Z

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

We should setup our radios for whatever we prefer. If there is no adjustment as Curt has mentioned we should use whatever that produces. I have one that is not adjustable and is 600 Hz. I dial the incoming signal to 600 Hz on my waterfall and *go*. I may install RIT on the rig to get me to my preferred 500 Hz. More likely I have better things to do so 600 it is.

73,

Bill KU8H

--
bark less - wag more