Topics

Member List

davemrtn <davemrtn@...>

WOW !!!

I see the 4SQRP member count very recently surpassed 1300.

Way to go 4SQRP team and members.

David -NA1MH

Look out SKCC here we come!!
Thanks for the info Dave
Johnny AC0BQ

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 1:40 PM davemrtn davemrtn@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

WOW !!!

I see the 4SQRP member count very recently surpassed 1300.

Way to go 4SQRP team and members.

David -NA1MH

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Ken Talbott

It would be interesting to see them all at Ozarkcon!
Ken ke4rg

Sent from Samsung Mobile

I see the 4SQRP member count very recently surpassed 1300.

Way to go 4SQRP team and members.

David -NA1MH

Sent from Gmail Mobile

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

That would be a 'historic' OzarkCon event !

How do we make it happen !!!   ????

On 2/8/2017 19:41, ktalbott ktalbott@... [4sqrp] wrote:

It would be interesting to see them all at Ozarkcon!
Ken ke4rg

Sent from Samsung Mobile

I see the 4SQRP member count very recently surpassed 1300.

Way to go 4SQRP team and members.

David -NA1MH

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Bill Cromwell

Here ya go...

Move OzarkCon to Grayling Michigan!

73,

Bill KU8H

David Martin - NA1MH <https://www.qrz.com/lookup/na1mh> - Mountain Home, Ar. -----------------------------------------

--
bark less - wag more

Tim N9PUZ

There are people who come to OzarkCon from Michigan now! Why move?

:-) Tim N9PUZ

On 2/8/2017 9:28 PM, Bill Cromwell wrcromwell@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Here ya go...

Move OzarkCon to Grayling Michigan!

73,

Bill KU8H

On 02/08/2017 09:07 PM, David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] wrote:

That would be a 'historic' OzarkCon event !

How do we make it happen !!! ????

David Martin - NA1MH <https://www.qrz.com/lookup/na1mh> - Mountain
Home, Ar. -----------------------------------------
On 2/8/2017 19:41, ktalbott ktalbott@... [4sqrp] wrote:
It would be interesting to see them all at Ozarkcon!
Ken ke4rg

Sent from Samsung Mobile

I see the 4SQRP member count very recently surpassed 1300.

Way to go 4SQRP team and members.

David -NA1MH

Sent from Gmail Mobile
--
bark less - wag more

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

In fact if someone wants to see where people have come from to attend OzarkCon, just look at this web page.......

www.ozarkcon.com/attendanceHistory

On 2/8/2017 22:01, Tim McDonough N9PUZ tim.n9puz@... [4sqrp] wrote:

There are people who come to OzarkCon from Michigan now! Why move?

:-) Tim N9PUZ

On 2/8/2017 9:28 PM, Bill Cromwell wrcromwell@... [4sqrp] wrote:

> Here ya go...
>
> Move OzarkCon to Grayling Michigan!
>
> 73,
>
> Bill KU8H
>
> On 02/08/2017 09:07 PM, David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] wrote:
>>
>> That would be a 'historic' OzarkCon event !
>>
>> How do we make it happen !!! ????
>>
>> David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain
>> Home, Ar. -----------------------------------------
>> On 2/8/2017 19:41, ktalbott ktalbott@... [4sqrp] wrote:
>>> It would be interesting to see them all at Ozarkcon!
>>> Ken ke4rg
>>>

>>> Sent from Samsung Mobile

Ken Talbott

Shhhh!  Don’t tell them about the great door prizes at the banquet.  Who wouldn’t drive 10 or 12 hours for a new rig?

Ken ke4rg

I see the 4SQRP member count very recently surpassed 1300.

Way to go 4SQRP team and members.

David -NA1MH

Sent from Gmail Mobile

J.K. Wright

Been to Grayling once- left town in a canoe and went to Oscoda!!! Great area, but a bit remote. Nowhere to charge the batteries:)

--
bark less - wag more

wi4t@...

I am one of the new guys - WI4T (Greg) from near Jerico Springs Missouri and I am coming to OzarkCon...  just saying :>)

I have been a ham for 30 years and am currently installing a 90' Rohn 25 if I can find a climber (I climb but had heart surgery 1 year ago and trying to decide if I should climb that high).   Also I have ordered a LM-470 which should be here in a month or so for my Cubex Mark IV extended boom quad (30 foot boom with 4 - 26 foot spreaders.  Should do a good job on QRP.

I look forward to meeting people at OzarkCon!

Greg

Johnny AC0BQ

Welcome to the group, Greg!
Yes that tower setup should do well with Qrp power!
Cu there!

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 10:12 AM wi4t@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I am one of the new guys - WI4T (Greg) from near Jerico Springs Missouri and I am coming to OzarkCon...  just saying :>)

I have been a ham for 30 years and am currently installing a 90' Rohn 25 if I can find a climber (I climb but had heart surgery 1 year ago and trying to decide if I should climb that high).   Also I have ordered a LM-470 which should be here in a month or so for my Cubex Mark IV extended boom quad (30 foot boom with 4 - 26 foot spreaders.  Should do a good job on QRP.

I look forward to meeting people at OzarkCon!

Greg

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

keith ford

How far are you from Houston mo?

On Thursday, February 9, 2017, 10:12, wi4t@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I am one of the new guys - WI4T (Greg) from near Jerico Springs Missouri and I am coming to OzarkCon...  just saying :>)

I have been a ham for 30 years and am currently installing a 90' Rohn 25 if I can find a climber (I climb but had heart surgery 1 year ago and trying to decide if I should climb that high).   Also I have ordered a LM-470 which should be here in a month or so for my Cubex Mark IV extended boom quad (30 foot boom with 4 - 26 foot spreaders.  Should do a good job on QRP.

I look forward to meeting people at OzarkCon!

Greg

wi4t@...

161 miles, quite a distance.... I went to school in Rolla years ago.  My farm is about 50 miles NE of Joplin or 60 miles NW of Springfield MO.

Greg
WI4T

Paul Smith

Hello and WELCOME Greg,

Leave the climbing for a younger person. I had bypass surgery 15 years ago and still dont climb..... I do have a tilt over tower..... CU in Branson in a few weeks de Paul Smith N0NBD

Ozarkcon Chairman

Sent from Outlook

I am one of the new guys - WI4T (Greg) from near Jerico Springs Missouri and I am coming to OzarkCon...  just saying :>)

I have been a ham for 30 years and am currently installing a 90' Rohn 25 if I can find a climber (I climb but had heart surgery 1 year ago and trying to decide if I should climb that high).   Also I have ordered a LM-470 which should be here in a month or so for my Cubex Mark IV extended boom quad (30 foot boom with 4 - 26 foot spreaders.  Should do a good job on QRP.

I look forward to meeting people at OzarkCon!

Greg

Wayne Dillon

Welcome aboard Greg, were glad to have you along.
Enjoy yourself at Ocon, I'm told it's a grand event to attend.
Good luck with the rohn, I'm officially envious!
Be blessed and I look forward to hearing you on the bands.
72/3 de Wayne - NQ0RP

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 10:12 AM, wi4t@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I am one of the new guys - WI4T (Greg) from near Jerico Springs Missouri and I am coming to OzarkCon...  just saying :>)

I have been a ham for 30 years and am currently installing a 90' Rohn 25 if I can find a climber (I climb but had heart surgery 1 year ago and trying to decide if I should climb that high).   Also I have ordered a LM-470 which should be here in a month or so for my Cubex Mark IV extended boom quad (30 foot boom with 4 - 26 foot spreaders.  Should do a good job on QRP.

I look forward to meeting people at OzarkCon!

Greg

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

NAQCC MWN NCS
NAQCC Net manager
NAQCC # 0759
Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP 40m NCS
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-11504
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686
Zombie# 1186

WI4T <wi4t@...>

I have all the equipment (gin pole, harness etc… but I am only comfortable up to 40-50 foot… I might start and get at least that high but have not made a firm decision yet. I have several volunteers for the “ground” crew.  I have the concrete going in for the anchors and both towers next week.  It will be nice to see progress!  The LM-470 base will need to sit 30 days before attaching the tower to it. but the Rohn should be ready in a couple weeks.

Greg - WI4T

BTW nice to meet you guys

On Feb 9, 2017, at 10:29 AM, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:

[...]

Greg,

    I am guessing Jerico Springs, Mo. is a very good place to live.

    I base that on the fact that I have never heard KY3 TV report any bad news about your town.   Too much bad news from KY3 about other towns surrounding Springfield.

On 2/9/2017 10:12, wi4t@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I am one of the new guys - WI4T (Greg) from near Jerico Springs Missouri and I am coming to OzarkCon...  just saying :>)

I have been a ham for 30 years and am currently installing a 90' Rohn 25 if I can find a climber (I climb but had heart surgery 1 year ago and trying to decide if I should climb that high).   Also I have ordered a LM-470 which should be here in a month or so for my Cubex Mark IV extended boom quad (30 foot boom with 4 - 26 foot spreaders.  Should do a good job on QRP.

I look forward to meeting people at OzarkCon!

Greg

Dick Hammond

Welcome Greg to 4SQRP, put a hinge base plate on that tower and stay on the ground,
will enjoy radio longer that way.  Dick,  n0tgr

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 10:35 AM, WI4T wi4t@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

If you want everybody on the list to be at the Con you will have to move it here or boot me out. That's why.

73,

Bill KU8H

.
--
bark less - wag more

WA0ITP

Welcome aboard Greg, glad to have you in the Group. Looking forward to an eyeball in Branson.  Did you sign up for the Build Session?
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.