Topics

Cricket heard in Utah !

dekle@...

I didn't get any takers with my CQ effort this morning, but 3 minutes before I quit, and just as the grey line was passing over my house, an RBN Spot popped up from  NC7J in Layton, Utah.

NC7J is 933 miles away and reported a 3 dB SNR. I think that means that my Cricket was twice as strong as the noise.

I see Cricketeer in my future. Oh yeah.

Bill
KV6Z

Wayne Dillon

Nicely done Bill, great result.
Be blessed,
Wayne - NQ0RP

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

NAQCC MWN NCS
NAQCC Net manager
NAQCC # 0759
Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP 40m NCS
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-11504
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686
Zombie# 1186

keith ford

Cool! what kind of antenna are you using?

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 09:11, dekle@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I didn't get any takers with my CQ effort this morning, but 3 minutes before I quit, and just as the grey line was passing over my house, an RBN Spot popped up from  NC7J in Layton, Utah.

NC7J is 933 miles away and reported a 3 dB SNR. I think that means that my Cricket was twice as strong as the noise.

I see Cricketeer in my future. Oh yeah.

Bill
KV6Z

dekle <dekle@...>

I was using my 40m dipole configured as a flat top 80m vertical.

Bill KV6Z