0030 net on 40

Paul Smith

I called for a while and heard:

AA5AB

K4EQ

WA9PWP

I called each one several times and no returns. I have a S9 plus noise level here and it is hard on the ears even with a TIGHT Elecraft filter... Ill try at 8 pm CDT

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

m p

I'm listening on 7.122 and only hearing a couple of high speed CW ops

Mark
KA8ONW

To: "4sqrp@..." <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 8:41 PM
Subject: [4sqrp] 0030 net on 40

AA5AB
K4EQ
WA9PWP
I called each one several times and no returns. I have a S9 plus noise level here and it is hard on the ears even with a TIGHT Elecraft filter... Ill try at 8 pm CDT
de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

buddy presley <fisherbud@...>

I believe the band is fit to be used.  Watch it explode on Field Day.  The ops just are'nt getting on.  But my rhythm is off too.  I like to get on from 1 to 4 pm while others are working.  I'm retired.

On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 8:49 PM, "m p ka8onw@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Mark
KA8ONW

AA5AB
K4EQ
WA9PWP
de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Paul Smith

I too am retired and usually can scare up a SKCC contact or two at 7-8 am CDT and again at 9-10 pm. I have to share the airtime with my son that is a digital operator. He turns in at 9 so I have an hour more to play. I too expect the bands to jump on the weekend. we will se. de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

From: 4sqrp@... <4sqrp@...> on behalf of buddy presley fisherbud@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 5:23 AM
To: 4sqrp@...; m p
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] 0030 net on 40

I believe the band is fit to be used.  Watch it explode on Field Day.  The ops just are'nt getting on.  But my rhythm is off too.  I like to get on from 1 to 4 pm while others are working.  I'm retired.

On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 8:49 PM, "m p ka8onw@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Mark
KA8ONW

AA5AB
K4EQ
WA9PWP
de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

Bob Macklin <macklinbob@...>

I'm retired too!

I use contest days to test my receivers. I find 40M best between 6PM and 10PM local time.

80M is no good here anytime. At least anytime I listen. It used to be good for local operation in the early evening and then good for DX after 10PM local time.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa.
"Real Radios Glow In The Dark"

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 5:21 AM

I too am retired and usually can scare up a SKCC contact or two at 7-8 am CDT and again at 9-10 pm. I have to share the airtime with my son that is a digital operator. He turns in at 9 so I have an hour more to play. I too expect the bands to jump on the weekend. we will se. de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

From: 4sqrp@... <4sqrp@...> on behalf of buddy presley fisherbud@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...>

Mark
KA8ONW

AA5AB
K4EQ
WA9PWP
de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Paul and the group.
I missed the 7:30 roll call!
I got on shortly after that and called Qrl
And CQ.
I ended up talking to DARRYL KK5IB AND W3NP.
We enjoyed solid QSO exchanges!
So 40 is still quite long but workable!
I found out that I am rusty and need to clean my key contacts!!
Good luck to everyone on Field Day, hope you guys make a bunch of Contacts.
Johnny AC0BQ 

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 7:21 AM Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Sent from Outlook

I believe the band is fit to be used.  Watch it explode on Field Day.  The ops just are'nt getting on.  But my rhythm is off too.  I like to get on from 1 to 4 pm while others are working.  I'm retired.

Mark
KA8ONW

AA5AB
K4EQ
WA9PWP
de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

JOHN CRONHELM

Would be interested to know if you were all using CW. I wonder if anyone was on LSB? I was looking out for phone signals, all I could hear was an extremely loud foreign fishermen on LSB, probably unlicensed.  Out on the Grand banks several huntred KM from St.John's.
73, John vo1jcc.

Sent from my iPod

On 2017-06-22, at 10:35, "Johnny Matlock jomatlock@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

And CQ.
Johnny AC0BQ 

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 7:21 AM Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Sent from Outlook

I believe the band is fit to be used.  Watch it explode on Field Day.  The ops just are'nt getting on.  But my rhythm is off too.  I like to get on from 1 to 4 pm while others are working.  I'm retired.

Mark
KA8ONW

AA5AB
K4EQ
WA9PWP
de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

--

Paul Smith

Yep the 4SQRP net is a CW net. I would have a tough time doing side band,,,,, I do not own a mic. hi hi cul de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

From: 4sqrp@... <4sqrp@...> on behalf of John Cronhelm johncronhelm@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 5:55 PM
To: 4sqrp@...; Johnny Matlock

Would be interested to know if you were all using CW. I wonder if anyone was on LSB? I was looking out for phone signals, all I could hear was an extremely loud foreign fishermen on LSB, probably unlicensed.  Out on the Grand banks several huntred KM from St.John's.
73, John vo1jcc.

Sent from my iPod

On 2017-06-22, at 10:35, "Johnny Matlock jomatlock@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

And CQ.
Johnny AC0BQ 

Sent from Outlook

Mark
KA8ONW

AA5AB
K4EQ
WA9PWP
de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

--