SMD soldering aids for small boards [1 Attachment]

WA0ITP

Very nice Bill.

Attached is one that I used when I first encountering SMDs while building KD1JV's ATS3.  Slide the fishing weight for more or less down force, easy peasy.  Still have the rig but the doofus has disappeared.

The skillet method is far superior nowadays.

72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 8/9/2017 12:22 PM, dekle@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Here's one I did a while ago.
It works well, the pressure is variable, and it's quite handy.

Bill
KV6Z

w2sh@...

Terry,

I use thin strips of 3M blue masking tape used by painting contractors, to strap the SMDs down to the board, but it may take just a little more time positioning one of the precut tape strips than moving the Doofus around.

Given your endorsement of the skillet technique, it would be nice if you'd give your audience here some of those details.

Advance TU es 72,

Charles, W2SH

Attached is one that I used when I first encountering SMDs while building KD1JV's ATS3.  Slide the fishing weight for more or less down force, easy peasy.  Still have the rig but the doofus has disappeared.

The skillet method is far superior nowadays.

72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
WAØITP's Ham Radio Web Site Devoted to QRP Operating.