Topics

40 & 80 meter net

Robert

Your Sierra sounded great a little qsb but I was on my old Ten Tec Omni6+ it has pretty good ear's. The Sierra is a great rig, I still use mine often.

72's
Bert
N0YJ

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020, 10:33 PM Dave Redfearn <n4elm@...> wrote:
Bert,

Thanks for pulling me out of the noise!

Tonight I was running the Sierra at 2 - 2.5 watts.

The antenna on 40 M is a rotatable dipole up about 45 feet.
Today I got my 80 M inverted vee back up from having the house painted and it definitely hears better than the horizontal loop I've been using.

73 - Dave, N4ELM

Dave Redfearn

Bert,

Thanks for pulling me out of the noise!

Tonight I was running the Sierra at 2 - 2.5 watts.

The antenna on 40 M is a rotatable dipole up about 45 feet.
Today I got my 80 M inverted vee back up from having the house painted and it definitely hears better than the horizontal loop I've been using.

73 - Dave, N4ELM

Robert

NO WORRIES CHAS, HAD YOU SOLID ON 40, AND TRUST ME i HAVE BEEN CALLED MUCH WORSE THINGS THAN jOHNNY HI HI

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 9:14 PM <w2sh@...> wrote:
40m.  Sorry Bert for addressing you as Johnny.  WA9PWP is almost always the strongest station heard here in NJ and he didn't disappoint tonight with a robust 589.  Copy was a bit tough with QRN after a full day of thunderstorms here that only abated at sundown.  Spanish language SSB QRM was heavy both above and below 7.122 mHz.

80m.  Heard bits and pieces of you guys on 3,5640.04. Not enough readability to warrant my pushing the key.

72,

Charles
(aka Chas), W2SH