The Bayou Jumper on a POTA activation

Hi. I just wanted to say thank you to 4SQRP for designing and helping me build my Bayou Jumper several years ago. It is such a fun and challenging rig to operate. The history of the Paraset radio in WW2 is fascinating. I decided that it was time to do a POTA activation with my BJ (serial # 033). Below was my post to POTA. TNXAGN for such a great little QRP rig..

After a number of POTA activations with my IC 7300 it was time to take my Paraset Replica, Bayou Jumper, to an activation. Would this well designed QRP Replica of a WW2 spy radio with its regenerative RX, crystal controlled TX, absence of a side tone, and no filters be able to complete an activation? YES it can! Using my CW club call sign W2LCW I logged 26 Qs in a little over an hour at Oyster Bay National Wildlife Refuge K-0477. Thanks to those who called and are in the log. Apologies to those who called and were not heard. The regenerative RX was working as hard as it could to pull you out! 73 Peter AA2VG--
Peter S. DeLuca
AA2VG

Dale Holloway, K4EQ

It sure is a fun little radio, Peter. I get mine out and use it every now and then and have a blast. It reminds me of my nostalgic Novice days with those FT243 crystals.
--
Dale Holloway, K4EQ
www.k4eq.net

Hi Dale
So much fun. I got my license in 1993 at the age of 43 so I missed out on those FT243 days. I’m playing catch-up now.....Hi Hi.
73
Peter
AA2VG