From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of WA0ITP
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 2:22 PM
To: 4sqrp@groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Propagation

Anyone using a propagation program? LIke it?

--

Jerry Brown

I used this when I was operating from N Iraq...
was a very nice program then....

73,

Jerry N4EO, e-YI9EO

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 4:22 PM WA0ITP <wa0itp123@...> wrote:
Anyone using a propagation program? LIke it?

--

WA0ITP

So did I.  I've used VOACAP befor , but find it cumbersome . Several years ago I used and liked a simpler one, but I can't remember the name.

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 4:33 PM AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

I have been using http://www.bandconditions.com but when I just checked it, I get a blank page.

72 - Ron - AG1P

Anyone using a propagation program? LIke it?

W0MQY

I use dxmaps.com    A bit different from band condx.com.    Shows actual contact path and a bunch of other bells and whistles.   Joe   W0MQY

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 4:33 PM AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

I have been using http://www.bandconditions.com but when I just checked it, I get a blank page.

72 - Ron - AG1P

Anyone using a propagation program? LIke it?

Joe Porter, PhD

SEKARC.net

A.R.R.L. Member
F.I.S.T.S. cw club   #19078
N.A.Q.C.C.   #10355
4sqrp Group   #103
S.K.C.C.   #4213
NJ Skeeter  #66  (2020)
Sasquatch   #855

John - KK4ITX

When I want to check an antenna’s ability I use WSPR, this tells me if the antenna is working.  When I want to see how the propagation is I Call CQ.  During this solar minimum I can not remember not making a QSO when I made the effort.

For at least 5 months of the year I am battery operating from a beach, park or hilltop and back at my Winter Digs I mostly run QRP from a piece of wire. Strange as it sounds but so many look at predictions (weather, propagation and others) and change their plans or don’t even try.

Because they don’t even try it has been SUPER QUIET which means my puny portable 5w can be heard easier, maybe not 1000/mpw but it’s a QSO.

Too many people listening..... Call CQ, it gets reported on RBN others see it and get on the air.

Hope to work you,

72,

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Dec 11, 2020, at 17:44, W0MQY <womquee@...> wrote:

I use dxmaps.com    A bit different from band condx.com.    Shows actual contact path and a bunch of other bells and whistles.   Joe   W0MQY

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 4:33 PM AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

I have been using http://www.bandconditions.com but when I just checked it, I get a blank page.

72 - Ron - AG1P

Anyone using a propagation program? LIke it?

Joe Porter, PhD

SEKARC.net

A.R.R.L. Member
F.I.S.T.S. cw club   #19078
N.A.Q.C.C.   #10355
4sqrp Group   #103
S.K.C.C.   #4213
NJ Skeeter  #66  (2020)
Sasquatch   #855

David Wilcox K8WPE

Ron,

It’s been unavailable for over a year now.  Whoever was maintaining it quit I was told.  I used to get an old band report but now get only a blank page like you did.

Dave K8WPE

David J. Wilcox’s iPad

On Dec 11, 2020, at 5:33 PM, AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

I have been using http://www.bandconditions.com but when I just checked it, I get a blank page.

72 - Ron - AG1P

Anyone using a propagation program? LIke it?

--

J.K. Wright

dxmaps.com is great for current condx.
NK2C