Looking 4 Spider SP-1

Larry Hastings

Tim, stay off that leg and ankle. Give them time to heal.  I think I've found one anyway.
Thanks though.

Larry

Tim

I may still have mine but I am laid up with broken leg and ankle and may be a while before I can verify.
Tim W4YN

John

Larry's new/old  SPIDER

:-)
John K5MO

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 1:11 PM Larry Hastings <larry7hastings7@...> wrote:
I'm looking for an old Lectrokit QRP Spider SP-1( built or kit). Don't care which band it's on.
Just let me know how much and I'll send you a check or pay you by paypal.
316)775-7870
 Larry Hastings
3115 Susan St.
Augusta, KS 67010

TNX es 72

Curt

I don't know, maybe homebrew this case and put a better rig inside! use a programmable rock (and put useless frequency unused xtal above or not). Was this also in a qrp issue of qst, maybe same issue as ne 40-40? Why do we fall in love with some horrible receivers? Okay see what comes your way. I keep thinking I want a vintage tube regen but these seem scarce so I may need to just build one (I did build a broadcast band one).

73 curt wb8yyy

C'mon 4SQRP, QRP Guys, QRP-ARCI, and other radical groups!

Smiff

On Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 5:26:55 PM CST, Charlie Vest <cvest@...> wrote:

They are really hard to find these days. I have managed to pick up 2 of them and would like to find more .

It would also be nice if someone offered them as a kit with just a couple of updated parts .

Charlie , W5COV

On December 14, 2020 at 4:55 PM WR9H <herbcase@...> wrote:

Hi Larry. I've been looking for the same rig. Did you get any hits from people that want to part with them?
72
Herb/WR9H

WR9H
Herbert Case
3648 Laura Lane
Rockford,ILL 61114
815-639-0484
herbcase@...
??

I'm looking for an old Lectrokit QRP Spider SP-1( built or kit). Don't care which band it's on.
Just let me know how much and I'll send you a check or pay you by paypal.
316)775-7870
 Larry Hastings
3115 Susan St.
Augusta, KS 67010

TNX es 72

Casey

Far Circuits has Blank Boards for the
Spider SP-1 and SP-5 5-Band ---
Several Articles in Archives such as
January 1993 "73" Magazine -
I used to be able to pull up lots of
Info but it seems to be evaporating.
Regards KC9IH / WD9GKA

WR9H

Hi Larry. I've been looking for the same rig. Did you get any hits from people that want to part with them?
72
Herb/WR9H

WR9H
Herbert Case
3648 Laura Lane
Rockford,ILL 61114
815-639-0484
herbcase@...
??

I'm looking for an old Lectrokit QRP Spider SP-1( built or kit). Don't care which band it's on.
Just let me know how much and I'll send you a check or pay you by paypal.
316)775-7870
 Larry Hastings
3115 Susan St.
Augusta, KS 67010

TNX es 72

Bobby Drummond

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 1:44 PM Paul Goemans <wa9pwp@...> wrote:
Wow!
  A blast from our QRP past! Only saw one SP-1 in person, about 25 years ago in the shack of Jim N0UR!

Seeing those FT-243 crystals plugged in to the little transceiver reminds me of the ones I ordered from the same company as those two crystals back in the 1990s:

CW Crystals
Marshfield MO

Got some from them for the 30 meter band and converted a Drake 2NT 20 meter function to 30 meters.  Worked like a charm. Also was easy to "reverse" the process if one wanted to keep it "original".

Pretty well gone are the days of ordering FT-243 crystals in general and gone is CW Crystals.  Kinda' sad if you lived it, loved it and then dwell on it too long.

So, that being the case, when's the 17 meter or 15 meter or 12 meter or 10 meter Cricket coming out?

I think combing some decent sunspots, good geomagnetic field conditions and one of those above could prove to be a real hoot.   I hear tell the former are on the way.
--
73 de AK4JA

John

I have one in pretty good shape. Not sure what band it's on.
Shoot me an email if you've not found one yet.
John K5MO

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 1:44 PM Paul Goemans <wa9pwp@...> wrote:
Wow!
  A blast from our QRP past! Only saw one SP-1 in person, about 25 years ago in the shack of Jim N0UR!

73

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI