MFJ-959 Antenna Tuner/Preamp manual wanted

n4mj

MFJ has the manual for the 959C version here: MFJ-959C, ANTENNA TUNER, SWL, WITH PREAMP | MFJ Enterprises Inc

no idea the difference between the original and the 'C' version but probably very little difference.

  Thank you!

On Monday, January 4, 2021, 08:40:59 PM CST, bigusmith via groups.io <bigusmith@...> wrote:

If anyone has a manual for a MFJ 959 tuner I would love to buy it from you or pay for a photocopy of it.

It is an older model with the old style cream colored cabinet with fake wood-grain sides, 5 knobs straight across in a row, and no meter.

I googled it but found no manual and checked Manual.man but he didn't list that model

EuGene Smith, KA5NLY

Cliff,

Thanks for the try, but that manual id for the 959C tuner which is much different from the early 959 model.  They re-designed the circuit, and the controls are different.

EuGene Smith
KA5NLY

On Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 10:08:13 AM CST, Cliff Fox (KU4GW) <cliffku4gw@...> wrote:

I found the manual online as a PDF file you can download here.

Very 72/73 de Cliff KU4GW
Proud Member of the ARRL A-1 Operator Club (*Elected to Full Membership April 11, 2012
4SQRP # 536

"It's not the class of license that the Amateur holds that matters, it's the class of the Amateur who holds the license!"

Cliff Fox (KU4GW)

I found the manual online as a PDF file you can download here.

Very 72/73 de Cliff KU4GW
Proud Member of the ARRL A-1 Operator Club (*Elected to Full Membership April 11, 2012
4SQRP # 536

"It's not the class of license that the Amateur holds that matters, it's the class of the Amateur who holds the license!"

Yeah, I got it to use with my Radio Shack DX-394 which is a receiver only.

EuGene

On Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 4:33:48 AM CST, Kent Trimble, K9ZTV <k9ztv@...> wrote:

Eugene ...

That is a receiver-only tuner so don’t try transmitting through it.

I suspect you merely adjust all the knobs for maximum noise.

The current model has a “C” after it and only 4 knobs, but I would expect the manual to be quite similar.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV

On Jan 4, 2021, at 8:40 PM, bigusmith via groups.io <bigusmith@...> wrote:

If anyone has a manual for a MFJ 959 tuner I would love to buy it from you or pay for a photocopy of it.

It is an older model with the old style cream colored cabinet with fake wood-grain sides, 5 knobs straight across in a row, and no meter.

I googled it but found no manual and checked Manual.man but he didn't list that model

EuGene Smith, KA5NLY

Kent Trimble, K9ZTV