Another rig?

Roy Parker

Check at
http://www.hfsignals.com/
Does anybody know about this rig? Any good? Want to experiment?

Tim N9PUZ

Roy,

There has been discussion of this kit here and in many of the other various Internet groups and forums. I have a kit in hand. It looks very nice, particularly for the money, and their other offerngs get good reviews. I'm anxious to get started on mine but that may still be a week or two out due to other commitments. I believe several other Four Staters have theirs on the air and I hope they will comment.

Tim N9PUZ

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 11:28 AM, Roy Parker via Groups.Io <royiparker@...> wrote:
Check at
http://www.hfsignals.com/
Does anybody know about this rig? Any good? Want to experiment?

Jim Sheldon

Hi Roy,
I have one, it appears to be okay - it was designed as an SSB rig originally and CW was added as an afterthought.  It's a great experimenter platform and I'm working on a mod or two to it already with some limited success.  They sold out of the initial run of kits in 2 days when they hit the market and though you can back order one right now, we don't know how long the time will be between ordering & shipping.  If you do decide to order one, I suggest you spend the extra 10 bucks & have it shipped by DHL Express.  It was under a week to get here from Hyderabad, India (the shipping point) from the time they shipped it until I received it.  I was one of the lucky ones that got in under the sellout wire on the original batch.

I have mine on the air and have made a number of QSO's with it, both on SSB (my least favorite mode) and CW.  There are mistakes in the schematic and documentation concerning CW operation, but I do have a fix for some of them.

Jim - W0EB