This is the Vernier

John - KK4ITX

I purchased one from NM0S around $15.00, looks exactly like the Philmore.

I found it on eBay.

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Feb 20, 2021, at 01:29, Bob Parr <parr@...> wrote:

Someone had posted a version of the Verier knob with a reduction gear... can they re-post that link, please?

Bob
KG5GTE

Robert wrote:
Philmore S38 Vernier Control Knob https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9HHTCQ/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fabc_.k4dGbS4Z8J56?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Bob Parr

Someone had posted a version of the Verier knob with a reduction gear... can they re-post that link, please?

Bob
KG5GTE

Robert wrote:

Dan Reynolds

You know this will sound totally dumb but these are on of my favorite things in ham DIY in the world. Don't get me wrong - I love microcontrollers and all the neat stuff we have (I am a computer geek for a living after all). But there is just something about the mechanical "feel" of a Vernier dial. We need to figure out how to build them into encoders now. LOL.
--
Dan Reynolds -- KB9JLO

Robert