[ADV] Re: [4SQRP] Ozarkcon Virtual 2021 sign up is open!

Casey

RE: Dummy Load Contest
Back in the 60's, some local Novices got on 80 using Dummy Loads before their Licenses came. One day, another Kid 12 miles away broke in on his Dummy Load.  I found out, that my 8.5 watt input could get Chicago 80 miles away using a 300 watt Bulb with a 100' extention Cord in between. My 2-3 watts out couldn't light it.

Who remembers the 1:1 SWR Dipole sold around 1980 (MaxCon?) that was just a 50 ohm Resistor with a couple wires attached across the Load?

7122 could be alive with Dummy Signals across the midwest. Dig out those Pig Rigs :) sure, there's a bunch of the in Drawers or on Shelves, quietly crying from being forgotten. I bet some could even be  easily Sold.

Like Crafts and Wood Working? How about Lighthouses? Make a Lighthouse Lightbulb Antenna or Dummy Load. A bonus, the Light can light with Modulation Peaks or Key Taps. Use a Clear Bulb. Something like a 4-watt Night Light 💡 or 40-watt Appliance Bulb.

Perhaps plan on Friday Night, Saturday Night, and Sunday.
73 de CaseyK KC9IH / WD9GKA Illinois

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Guys
Bert is setting up the K0N event for Ozarkcon, we can use 7.122 for the “long distance dummy load during this
Same time frame?
73
Johnny

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 3:43 PM jrdock@... <jrdock@...> wrote:
Use a dummy load with a bigger wattage.  Simple 🙄

Pro

Jack R. Dock ... How about we give GOD a reason to continue blessing America?  In defense of America I pledge my life, my fortune and my sacred honor.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.
"A veteran is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America for any amount, up to and including their lives.
                            Many of life's failures are people who
                            did not realize how close they were to
                            success when they gave up.
                                          Thomas A. Edison

On Feb 17, 2021, at 3:30 PM, John - KK4ITX via groups.io <jleahy00=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I’m in......what’s for desert ?

Wonder how the Dummy Load event will work ?

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Feb 17, 2021, at 16:14, Jeff Davis <jeff@...> wrote: