Hope it helps.

72
Johnny ACØBQ

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 8:09 PM Don, W9EBK <donw9ebk@...> wrote:
I gave one of my un-built 80 meter Original Cricket transceivers kits to another ham. He reported the instructions on the 4SQRP website are for the newer version; the one that uses a keying transistor. Apparently the kit I gave him directly keys the 9 Volts. I've not looked at it myself. I'm just reporting what I was told. So, does anyone have the schematic and instructions for the original 80 meter Cricket that they could send me? I have built a Cricket, but it's been several years since I've looked at it.
Thanks,
Don, W9EBK

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Johnny AC0BQ

Well,
I’m not so sure that link is working?
I will see if we can find that document for you.
72
Johnny

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 8:13 PM Johnny AC0BQ via groups.io <jomatlock=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Don
This should be the link for that kit.
The info is way down below the current kits in the retired kit area.

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Richard AG5M

I saved this long time ago. is this the correct manual for the original Cricket 80?
73, Richard AG5M

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Tom Sevart

On 10/26/2021 20:09, Don, W9EBK wrote:
I gave one of my un-built 80 meter Original Cricket transceivers kits to another ham. He reported the instructions on the 4SQRP website are for the newer version; the one that uses a keying transistor. Apparently the kit I gave him directly keys the 9 Volts. I've not looked at it myself. I'm just reporting what I was told. So, does anyone have the schematic and instructions for the original 80 meter Cricket that they could send me? I have built a Cricket, but it's been several years since I've looked at it.
Thanks,
Don, W9EBK
The original Cricket 80 had 9V across the key. I modified mine by using a 2N5416 PNP transistor so that I could use an electronic keyer with it. I simply used the keyer output to key the base of the transistor, which is paralleled with the on-board straight key. This also allowed me to install a red LED which lights up on transmit. I installed the PNP transistor on the bottom of the board, which I mounted in a box.

I've attached the schematic for the original Cricket 80, it also shows the mods I made, such as adding a second 100K resistor paralleling R1, and another 1K resistor parallel with R2. And C9 was changed to a 180p. This allows various crystals to be used, whereas with the original design some crystals wouldn't get the circuit to oscillate.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Tom Sevart

On 10/26/2021 20:13, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
Hello Don
This should be the link for that kit.
The info is way down below the current kits in the retired kit area.
Hope it helps.
http://www.4sqrp.com/cricketold.php <http://www.4sqrp.com/cricketold.php>
72
Johnny ACØBQ
Is there something up with the 4SQRP site? Any time I try clicking on links on that page, it keeps taking me back to the main page. It does this on various other pages as well.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Hello Tom
Well, sort of
A year or so ago we got hacked and they changed the link names around when they couldn't find any info that was valuable.
If you find one of these pages please dro a note to Ron AG1p.
72
Johnny

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 8:31 PM Tom Sevart <tmsevart@...> wrote:
On 10/26/2021 20:13, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
> Hello Don
> This should be the link for that kit.
> The info is way down below the current kits in the retired kit area.
> Hope it helps.
>
> http://www.4sqrp.com/cricketold.php <http://www.4sqrp.com/cricketold.php>
>
> 72
> Johnny ACØBQ

Is there something up with the 4SQRP site?  Any time I try clicking on
links on that page, it keeps taking me back to the main page.  It does
this on various other pages as well.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

AG1P Ron

Yes, you posted the latest doc for the original Cricket.

The links on the page have been repaired. I may have missed others. The hack happened just after I just finished chemo so brain wasn’t firing on all cylinders. I left the retired kits until last. No excuse, just explanation.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Tom Sevart

On 10/27/2021 21:18, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
Hello Tom
Well, sort of
A year or so ago we got hacked and they changed the link names around when they couldn't find any info that was valuable.
If you find one of these pages please dro a note to Ron AG1p.
72
Johnny
Everything seems to be working fine now, but last night all the links on the Cricket 80 page were taking me back to the home page.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Ge Tom