Reduction Drive

WA0ITP

thanks vy much Gwen.   I appreciate it.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 10:12 AM Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:
I did a little Googlewhacking, and found that places like the UPS Store and Staples frequently have 3d printing services these days. But if you can't find one nearby, there are online services that will print your file for you and ship it to you. The cost varies on the complexity of the piece and what material and settings you choose for it. I have a 3d printer but I'm not very good with it yet, so I keep track of where things can be printed in materials my printer won't handle.

I found this list for 2021 that seems reliable. https://all3dp.com/1/best-online-3d-printing-service-3d-print-services/

I like All3dp.com for its 3d-printing related information.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73,
Gwen, NG3P

--

WA0ITP

Tnx John, appreciate the note.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 8:42 AM John Lonigro <jonigro@...> wrote:
Terry:

I'm wondering how smoothly a 3-d printed reduction drive would work.  Personally, I think I'd take the suggestion about buying a vernier reduction unit from somewhere.  If nothing else, it would likely look better on your rig.  I've used 10-turn pots before with good success, if you have room inside your case for one.
Good luck and 72,

John, AA0VE

On 3/13/21 8:07 AM, KC3PLJ- Gary Dunn wrote:
You might try checking your local library. Ours has a 3D printer, you send them the Thingiverse file and they print it, charging only for weight of the filament used.

~gd

Gary Dunn
KC3PLJ
Baltimore, MD

On Mar 13, 2021, at 8:47 AM, cornhusker via groups.io <cornhusker@...> wrote:

I can try printing one for you!   I'll run it and let you know how it goes and send it to you.
73 de K0NEB

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 12:26 AM, Bob Parr
<parr@...> wrote:
I just bought one off ebay for like 15 bucks.  Not a printed but a nice looking one.  Search for Vernier reduction drive knob.

Bob
KG5GTE