40 and 80 meter CW nets

John Lonigro

We probably need to change the DMR net reminder to reflect the accurate time of the net.  While it does say 9:00 pm Central Time, it also says 0300 UTC, which is wrong during DST.

72,
John, AA0VE

On 3/18/21 7:44 AM, John - KK4ITX via groups.io wrote:
Thanks Ron, sometimes I throw out my Call when it gets quiet in the hopes of snagging an opening.  A few years ago when I first joined 4S there wasn’t any problem getting to KS but it’s a rarity now.

I often report my efforts not to complain but to let the NCS know that there’s more OPs trying than he was able to pick up.

Good time even if I don’t make it in the Log.

72,

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Mar 17, 2021, at 22:51, Jg <jgoodsell@...> wrote:

Had a decent copy on Johnny in Central California   About a 339.  Guess my sig not good enough going out.

On Mar 17, 2021, at 6:22 PM, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:

GE Ron
That's COOL!
I would be tickled to hear you from OR!
Yes, It sounds like 40 is long as usual after dark.
We  are having some weird weather, rained all day and cold north wind, Thunderstorms at times, forecast is 2 inches of snow by morning.
That about covers it all.
72
Hope to hear you some day!
Johnny

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 8:17 PM AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

Some joy tonite. Band must have been long. Picked up your call out of the weeds once. Most of the time it was one or two characters as signals came in and went out. Sent out my call but no joy. First time in a long time that I heard anyone.

72 - Ron - AG1P

Central OR Coast

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

AG1P Ron

I think you made it into OR John.  I picked up an ITX but not the whole call.

72 - Ron - AG1P

Well at least I heard N4ELM around 7mins into the Net, he gave me a solid 589, not bad for 600+ miles.  No one else though.

72,

John

KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

AG1P Ron

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

John - KK4ITX

Stay safe Johnny, if you can’t make it perhaps we can make some noise without your great ears !

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com