[BayouJumperKit] ...

Bob Parr

Right now the picture won't so much good.  I am re-doing the connections for the Sup'er Up'er board with a header and different plugs so I can disconnect and connect each of the three parts independently of each other. 

But basically, I removed TP1 and replaced with a standard single pin male header and also put on on the center hole of one of the ground test loops.  The test loops have 5 holes four on the corners so you can put one loop at the top of the board and one at the bottom, but there is a center hole as well.  I did this so I could disconnect the counter.  And I am glad I did as I think it may be responsible for a 2k frequency drift.  (also why I am setting up the SU to allow testing each component individually.

Ultimately, I plan to use a large Hobby Lobby box and make a partition for the BJ, and another for the crystal spotter and frequency display, and will run the wires through a hole in the partition between them, and power to a 9V regulator.

For now the counter just lays loose next to the BJ.

Bob

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 3/24/2021 8:14:28 AM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] [BayouJumperKit] ...

I would love to see pictures of what you did.  Thanks

Doug Dukes

I would love to see pictures of what you did.  Thanks

Bob Parr

I have mine directly connected to TP1.  Are you saying I should be using a 1-2 pf cap to connect?

Bob

Sent: 3/23/2021 6:04:25 AM

A frequency display is typically connected to the oscillator buffer by a very small capacitor, 1 or 2 pF.  There should be plenty of examples around.  Its same strategy as using a freq mite. 

Curt

Curt

A frequency display is typically connected to the oscillator buffer by a very small capacitor, 1 or 2 pF.  There should be plenty of examples around.  Its same strategy as using a freq mite. 

Curt

Bob Parr

Does this require a physical connection to the no? Or a short antenna close to the radio?

Bob

On March 22, 2021 10:01:38 PM CDT, "Curt via groups.io" <wb8yyy@...> wrote:
Wey

Since this thing is used with a transmit crystal, that we spot the receiver to, I don't get the value of a digital dial on a parameter style rig. But if you must, check qrpguys or far east sources. I am thinking the former was designed by kd1jv, lets you switch 4 digits between coarse and fine frequency, I have an external one in a box to use with various rigs, once I used it with my para80set (-:

Curt

Curt

Wey

Since this thing is used with a transmit crystal, that we spot the receiver to, I don't get the value of a digital dial on a parameter style rig. But if you must, check qrpguys or far east sources. I am thinking the former was designed by kd1jv, lets you switch 4 digits between coarse and fine frequency, I have an external one in a box to use with various rigs, once I used it with my para80set (-:

Curt

Andrew Wollin

I have used one of those 8 LED frequency meters off the Internet to read from TP1. Seems to work well. 

I switch it out for operating the radio. 

Drew
VE3UIN 

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 8:04 PM Wey - K8EAB <weymouth01@...> wrote:
I'm a green board Bayou Jumper owner, but my BJ has been off the air for about 4 years ...

I seem to recall a discussion here about adding a digital frequency readout to this kit ...

Can someone point me to this topic, or is there a readout kit available from 4SQRP?

Thanks in advance for any replies ...

Wey - K8EAB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JzqFDv90t1FLVVR_DRixvCiibQwOOjGv/view?usp=sharing

Bob Parr

This is the one I got.  Real simple connection.  4 wires using 2 jst HX plugs that came with it.  One goes to 9 volts.  You can run up to 12, but since most batteries/power supplies run at 13.8, it was recommended to get a voltage regulator for 9V.  I have one but tested using a 9V battery.  Other jst (colors are reversed) red goes to TP1 on the BJ and the black to ground.

Now where you mount it?  No room in the box as it is too tall.  But I am hoping to have a friend convert a big box to a BJ compartment a compartment for the Crystal spotter and the frequency counter.  Will probably fabricate a faceplate with my 3D printer.  A compartment for my 4S tuner and the rest for cables and or a key.

Good luck,
Bob

Sent: 3/22/2021 11:23:25 AM

I'm a green board Bayou Jumper owner, but my BJ has been off the air for about 4 years ...

I seem to recall a discussion here about adding a digital frequency readout to this kit ...

Can someone point me to this topic, or is there a readout kit available from 4SQRP?

Wey - K8EAB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JzqFDv90t1FLVVR_DRixvCiibQwOOjGv/view?usp=sharing

Wey - K8EAB

Wey - K8EAB