Good Spy Radio Video

davemrtn

Thanks for the link.

I really enjoyed it.

Wherever I go, there He is.

On 5/1/2021 7:02 PM, Gene Kauffman wrote:
I'm nearly finished building my Bayou Jumper. I suspect many of you, like me, who are interested in the BJ are also interested in the WWII history of the radio operators and spies who worked for the SOE and resistance groups.  I have many books about the code-breakers at Bletchly park and books about spies during the war.
This is a long, but very detailed youtube video by Bill Hopkins AA2YV from the antique wireless museum.  It's a long video and I watched it in bits.  I think if you're interested in the WWII wireless operators you'll find it interesting.            https://youtu.be/swSaDvk8ueE

Gene NP2BB

Rich AE1RL

Thanks for the suggestion Gene. It was very interesting - so much so that I watched the whole thing start to finish, like a good book that couldn't be put down.

--
Rich AE1RL

Gene Kauffman

Glad you liked it. It was very interesting to me

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 7:17 PM W3BNO <Jfitzer1053@...> wrote:
What a wonderful presentation.

On May 1, 2021, at 7:02 PM, Gene Kauffman <genekauffman@...> wrote:

I'm nearly finished building my Bayou Jumper. I suspect many of you, like me, who are interested in the BJ are also interested in the WWII history of the radio operators and spies who worked for the SOE and resistance groups.  I have many books about the code-breakers at Bletchly park and books about spies during the war.
This is a long, but very detailed youtube video by Bill Hopkins AA2YV from the antique wireless museum.  It's a long video and I watched it in bits.  I think if you're interested in the WWII wireless operators you'll find it interesting.            https://youtu.be/swSaDvk8ueE

Gene NP2BB

W3BNO

What a wonderful presentation.

On May 1, 2021, at 7:02 PM, Gene Kauffman <genekauffman@...> wrote:

I'm nearly finished building my Bayou Jumper. I suspect many of you, like me, who are interested in the BJ are also interested in the WWII history of the radio operators and spies who worked for the SOE and resistance groups.  I have many books about the code-breakers at Bletchly park and books about spies during the war.
This is a long, but very detailed youtube video by Bill Hopkins AA2YV from the antique wireless museum.  It's a long video and I watched it in bits.  I think if you're interested in the WWII wireless operators you'll find it interesting.            https://youtu.be/swSaDvk8ueE

Gene NP2BB

Ted

Thanks, Gene.  I'll definitely check that out.

The spy-radio genre is kind of cool, and one has to appreciate the guts it took to be in a position to use them.

Ted
K3RTA

Gene Kauffman