40 AND 80 METER NET REPORT

Johnny AC0BQ

Good Net tonight
The bands were in better shape than last night.

Check in's were:

40 Meters
WA9PWP PAUL
W2SH CHAS
N4DR MARC
AA4W RICK
KK4ITX JOHN
W3DET

80 METERS
N4MJ GLENN
WA0ITP TERRY
N4DR MARC DOUBLE
WA9PWP DOUBLE
WD9F WOODY
AA4W RICK DOUBLE
NOYJ BERT

THANKS EVERYONE,
I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR!
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ

JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

John - KK4ITX

Somehow you made it through my noise, after dark it is not all that pleasant.  Makes a guy get excited and do stupid things !

At least we know it can happen once in a while.

TU,

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

--
John, KK4ITX       # 1603

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello John
Yes we did!
Your signal was getting stronger as we went through our exchanges.
Have a good New Years!
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

w2sh@...

Although I've attempted to QNI many times over the past several weeks, last night's net was the first time for a while that I succeeded.  Johnny's signal would repeatedly fade from 559 to nothing, but we got it done.  I'll also try an 80m QNI on future occasions.

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH

The bands were in better shape than last night.

Check in's were:

40 Meters
WA9PWP PAUL
W2SH CHAS
N4DR MARC
AA4W RICK
KK4ITX JOHN
W3DET

80 METERS
N4MJ GLENN
WA0ITP TERRY
N4DR MARC DOUBLE
WA9PWP DOUBLE
WD9F WOODY
AA4W RICK DOUBLE
NOYJ BERT

THANKS EVERYONE,
I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR!
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ

JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

--
Charles Moizeau, W2SH

Bruce Kirkpatrick

Good morning
What is QNI?  I don’t see it on my Q Signals list.
Tnx
Bruce
KEØVR

On Dec 30, 2021, at 10:57 AM, w2sh@... wrote:

[...]

Hello Bruce
It’s supposed to be, “check in”
Or at least that’s what I think it is??
73
Johnny

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 12:39 PM Bruce Kirkpatrick via groups.io <bkirkpatrick5=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Wow
I printed a Wikipedia list of them for my shack.  You learn something every day!
Bruce KEØVR

On Dec 30, 2021, at 11:47 AM, John Lonigro <jonigro@...> wrote:

[...]

Paul Goemans

Gang,
  From the ARRL website. Q signals for CW net.

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

[...]

n4mj

Use your smart phone camera to scan this: Inline image

or just go to ARRL QN SIGNALS FOR CW NET USE  for a list of Q codes

73 de n4mj//glenn

  Thank you!

On Thursday, December 30, 2021, 12:48:00 PM CST, John Lonigro <jonigro@...> wrote:

[...]

Ed - ad7gr

I might add that they are to be used for formal CW nets, traffic handling, EmCom nets, and the like.   In my opinion, they are not for casual use if you want to be understood.

73,
Ed - ad7gr

Q signals for CW net

n4mj

Ed, et al, with due respect all nets are for training.  Regarding CW nets - established Q signals should be used, otherwise no one will know what is being said during a session outside of the 'training net'.

Not saying one should know every QN meaning but at least be familiar enough to find/read/understand/use them if participation becomes necessary in a 'formal net' session.

HNY to ALL
73 de n4mj//glenn

  Thank you!

On Thursday, December 30, 2021, 01:20:52 PM CST, Ed - ad7gr via groups.io <edko@...> wrote:

I might add that they are to be used for formal CW nets, traffic handling, EmCom nets, and the like.   In my opinion, they are not for casual use if you want to be understood.

73,
Ed - ad7gr

Q signals for CW net

Ed Gable

Spreading about Q-code lists is helpful to a point, but in this case the question was "..what is QNI..?  Nobody has identified that code to be used by the Net Control Station (NCS) only to call to order an organized net of only known listed stations.  Those NCS use only Q codes are noted with an asterisk(*).  As the 4SQRP Wednesday Night nets are open to everyone, the use of QNI by the NCS is not mandatory but has fallen into more common use it seems.  HNY de K2MP (Agent 085)  (p.s. My HF NCS Certificate is dated 1957, which only makes me vintage, not better!)

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

n4mj

GD Walter,
Have listened to some of their conversations in the past.  They are 'smooth operators' and easy to copy.
73 and HNY de
n4mj//glenn

  Thank you!

On Thursday, December 30, 2021, 06:44:49 PM CST, Walter - K5EST <walter.k5est@...> wrote:

[...]

Charles W. Powell

QNI is a code used in ARRL NTS traffic nets.  I don't think it is isolated to that application but it is not in common use in other services.

72,

Chas - NK8O

https://www.qsl.net/du9cjv/qcodes.htm

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com