40 and 80 Meter CW Nets

WA4EFS

Thanks Steve.  Surely one of the benefits of kit building—besides learning about toroid winding—must be in the ideas they suggest for other projects. At least that has been so in my experience. Good luck with the DSP study.

73, Lloyd (WA4EFS)

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve WD4CFN
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2022 10:24 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] 40 and 80 Meter CW Nets

Hi Lloyd,

I don't have a write-up.  That is something for me to work on.  There isn't anything particularly original in the xmiter.  It is an accumulation of ideas/design formulas from other places.  I wanted to try a Class E amplifier after using the Bayou Jumper.  This project is a way for me to learn more by doing and letting the magic smoke out of some parts along the way:).  I have replaced several 2N2907's used for keying the power to the PA.  My next step is to try to clean some things up with the transmitter.  LTSpice shows about 5W output, but I am only getting 3W.  I want to verify I am actually driving the MOSFET (IRF510) into Class E.  I bought a receiver board kit from QRPLabs.  I want to route the I & Q audio output from that board to the teensy microcontroller for DSP filtering.  There is a QRP project, KeithSDR, that is built around the QRPLabs receiver board and the teensy microcontroller.  I thought I would try to use some of their work, and see what I can do with the receiver.

Anyway, it's fun and fun to get the rig on the air.  I figured this group would appreciate another homebrew rig.

73,

Steve WD4CFN

_._,_._,_

Steve WD4CFN

[...]

W6BOW

GREAT JOB STEVE. Inspiring.
See the excellent WB8IMY 3/22 QST review of the Bayou Jumper (Paraset).
All best,
Don - W6BOW

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

WA4EFS

Nice photo. Do you have a write-up somewhere?

73, -Lloyd (WA4EFS)

I am attaching a picture of a homebrew 3W transmitter I used for check-in tonight.  It seemed to do the job.  Now, I need to build a receiver for it.

72,

Steve WD4CFN

Steve WD4CFN

I am attaching a picture of a homebrew 3W transmitter I used for check-in tonight.  It seemed to do the job.  Now, I need to build a receiver for it.

72,

Steve WD4CFN

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Paul
Yes, 40 meters was rough sledding tonight.
Good job on the 60 meter contact.
72
Johnny ACØBQ

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 9:38 PM Paul Goemans <wa9pwp@...> wrote:
Well,
  Again no copy on Johnny 40 meters. I heard a few stations trying to QNI...
  Much better on 80 meters, Johnny!
  After net I moved up to 60 meters, and on channel 1 I answered AC7AF who was calling CQ. He heard my 5 watts in Rock Springs, WY! We had a nice chat for almost 20 minutes. What a surprise!
Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI