20 meter cricket

Roland Whitsitt

After some postal problems with them sending my kit back, It finally got through.  I carefully put it together. Well I didn’t hear anything on the big rig so figured I was late and the band died out. But I needed to check out the cricket anyways. At least I won’t bother anyone while keying up. Power output seems like about 0.7 watts +/-. I sent out two “CQs”. I got an email notification from the reverse beacon network telling me my signal was heard in Louisiana from my QTH in the sierras of Northern California. 11 dbl signal strength! Around 2000 miles. Then I had to go pick up my son. So excited for tomorrow!!! de n5vwn 

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Roland 
I’m glad you got your kit and 
I’m also glad it’s working for you.

There is a lot of fun to be had with a simple Rock Bound rig.
Johnny ACØBQ 

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 9:47 PM Roland Whitsitt via groups.io <n5vwn=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
After some postal problems with them sending my kit back, It finally got through.  I carefully put it together. Well I didn’t hear anything on the big rig so figured I was late and the band died out. But I needed to check out the cricket anyways. At least I won’t bother anyone while keying up. Power output seems like about 0.7 watts +/-. I sent out two “CQs”. I got an email notification from the reverse beacon network telling me my signal was heard in Louisiana from my QTH in the sierras of Northern California. 11 dbl signal strength! Around 2000 miles. Then I had to go pick up my son. So excited for tomorrow!!! de n5vwn 

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

John - KK4ITX

Roland,

20m is a great Band and the Cricket 20 has found a place to excel !

Hope to catch you on the air.

John
KK4ITX 

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

--
John, KK4ITX       # 1603