will get a chance to win one of the grand prizes even if you can’t attend in person!

72
Johnny ACØBQ

On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 4:03 PM Ed Meyer, WG5F <wg5f@...> wrote:

Registration is almost closed.

Are you registered yet?
https://ocon.rleepotter.com/attendees.php

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Ed Meyer, WG5F

Prizes you say?
https://ocon.rleepotter.com/prizes.php

we gots prizes!

Shirley Dulcey KE1L

Yes. But most of that long list of prizes is only available to people who attend. Exactly ONE prize is available to people who pre-register but aren't there.

OzarkCon sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I could be there. But there is no good way to get there from here in Boston. Flying to Branson is really expensive, the airports that can be reached for more reasonable fares are a long way away, and it's too far to drive even without the current high price of gas.

On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 5:26 PM Ed Meyer, WG5F <wg5f@...> wrote:

Prizes you say?
https://ocon.rleepotter.com/prizes.php

we gots prizes!

Darryl K4VLP

Shirley,

I second that, from West Central Florida. Last year’s online presentations were a welcome departure from the norm for many of us, something I’d be willing to pay for. Alas, no joy.

Darryl K4VLP

AG1P Ron

We understand your and others constraints and frustration. We looked at broadcasting the sessions but to do a quality picture and sound was cost prohibitive. There is no way in good conscience that we could charge viewers that much in order to recover our costs plus there is a question as to whether the hotel's bandwidth was robust enough to handle the transmissions.

We did the Zoom last year but received complaints about the bandwidth needed for a pleasing reception and a speaker or two had some inconsistent video. It might be worse from the hotel since their bandwidth was limited the last time we tried it. We really don't have a good answer right now that satisfies everyone and at a cost we can afford.

72 - Ron - AG1P
4SQRP Volunteer Secretary/Treasurer
4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster
4SQRP Volunteer Co-Moderator
4SQRP Volunteer OzarkCon University Registrar

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com