Topics

Bayou Jumper

Steve Olivieri

I know the Bayou Jumper was retired a while ago.  Does anyone know if this kit will come back?  It is such a cool looking kit.

If not, does anyone have one for sale (even if already assembled)?

73,
Steve, N1TYH

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Steve
We’re in the process of pulling another run together.
We hope they will be ready soon.
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello again Steve
I’m sorry to say that I misread your email.
I thought you were asking about the Hilltoppers.
The Bayou Jumper is retired for now.
72
Johnny

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

griffithsesq.robert

That’s too bad. It was a great build and is a fun Radio.
Griff NE3I

Robert Alan Griffiths

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Bob Parr

I'll chime in too to say what an awesome radio the BJ is and how nice it would be to have available again.

73
KG5GTE

> That's too bad. It was a great build and is a fun Radio.Griff NE3I
>
> Robert Alan Griffiths
>

> On Jun 19, 2020, at 2:00 PM, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...>
> wrote:
>

>> Hello again Steve
>>
>> I'm sorry to say that I misread your email.
>> I thought you were asking about the Hilltoppers. The Bayou Jumper
>> is retired for now. 72 Johnny
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 12:43 PM Johnny AC0BQ via groups.io
>> <jomatlock@...> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Steve
>>>
>>> We're in the process of pulling another run together. We hope
>>> they will be ready soon. 72 Johnny ACØBQ

>>> --
>>> Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com
>>>

>> --
>> Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Gary E. Kohtala

If the kit were resurrected, I'd surely buy one.

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK

---

On Friday, June 19, 2020, 01:30:03 PM EDT, Steve Olivieri <n1tyh73@...> wrote:

I know the Bayou Jumper was retired a while ago.  Does anyone know if this kit will come back?  It is such a cool looking kit.

If not, does anyone have one for sale (even if already assembled)?

73,
Steve, N1TYH

Jess Gypin

Yea!

😭

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Lynn Brock

I would love to see Bayou Jumpers for 80 and 20 mtrs.
Lynn

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Bob Parr

Oooohh,  NOW you are talking!!!  I would buy a big box to fit two or three bands in it!

Bob
KG5GTE

> I would love to see Bayou Jumpers for 80 and 20 mtrs.Lynn
>

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2020, 1:24 PM griffithsesq.robert via groups.io
> <signalnaut@...> wrote:
>
>> That's too bad. It was a great build and is a fun Radio.Griff
>> NE3I
>>
>> Robert Alan Griffiths
>>

>> On Jun 19, 2020, at 2:00 PM, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello again Steve
>>>
>>> I'm sorry to say that I misread your email.
>>> I thought you were asking about the Hilltoppers. The Bayou
>>> Jumper is retired for now. 72 Johnny

>>> --
>>> Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

John Nicholas

On Jun 19, 2020, at 8:58 PM, Bob Parr <parr@...> wrote:

Oooohh,  NOW you are talking!!!  I would buy a big box to fit two or three bands in it!

Bob
KG5GT

What did the original sell for as a kit?  de KEoZUW

Bob Parr

I want to say it was around $50 if you meant the radio.  if you mean the boxes the readio was designed to fit, I don't remember.

Bob
Kg5GTE

>> On Jun 19, 2020, at 8:58 PM, Bob Parr <parr@...> wrote:
>>
>> Oooohh,  NOW you are talking!!!  I would buy a big box to fit two
>> or three bands in it!
>>
>> Bob
>> KG5GT
>

>> What did the original sell for as a kit?  de KEoZUW

John Nicholas

Bob,  That works.   There has been one floating around locally, for $125.  I was wondering about the difference between the kit price and this one.   It is in a nice wooden case!  Reminds me of some that OSS put out disguised for their teams behind the German Lines during WWII.  Nice touch for 40 meters

de KEoZUW  John

On Jun 21, 2020, at 10:28 AM, Bob Parr <parr@...> wrote:

I want to say it was around $50 if you meant the radio.  if you mean the boxes the readio was designed to fit, I don't remember.

Bob
Kg5GTE

>> On Jun 19, 2020, at 8:58 PM, Bob Parr <parr@...> wrote:
>>
>> Oooohh,  NOW you are talking!!!  I would buy a big box to fit two
>> or three bands in it!
>>
>> Bob
>> KG5GT
>

>> What did the original sell for as a kit?  de KEoZUW

Jess Gypin

It was intended to mimick the Paraset

On Jun 21, 2020, at 10:44 AM, John Nicholas <stnick@...> wrote:

Bob,  That works.   There has been one floating around locally, for $125.  I was wondering about the difference between the kit price and this one.   It is in a nice wooden case!  Reminds me of some that OSS put out disguised for their teams behind the German Lines during WWII.  Nice touch for 40 meters

de KEoZUW  John

On Jun 21, 2020, at 10:28 AM, Bob Parr <parr@...> wrote:

I want to say it was around $50 if you meant the radio.  if you mean the boxes the readio was designed to fit, I don't remember.

Bob
Kg5GTE

>> On Jun 19, 2020, at 8:58 PM, Bob Parr <parr@...> wrote:
>>
>> Oooohh,  NOW you are talking!!!  I would buy a big box to fit two
>> or three bands in it!
>>
>> Bob
>> KG5GT
>

>> What did the original sell for as a kit?  de KEoZUW

Bob Parr

The more I think about it, it may have been closer to $80.

Bob
KG5GTE