Bayou Jumper

Wayne Dillon

Nice write-up in QST by Steve Ford (WB8IMY). Once again well bone all who are involved, great job.
Be blessed,
Wayne - NQ0RP

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Fate whispered to courageous "You cannot withstand the storm"
Courageous  whispered back "I am the storm"

Ted

Any chance you could share the article or the high points?

Tnx,
K3RTA

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Ted
I will try to post it here, but it’s
In the digital version of the QST.
I may not be able to.
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Johnny AC0BQ

No Luck Ted
It’s copyrighted.
I can’t copy it.
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Shirley Dulcey KE1L

Companies can get permission to redistribute their QST reviews. But I don't know how much ARRL charges for the privilege. I wouldn't expect it to be steep for a ham club like 4SQRP.

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

KF5CSW

I do have a hard copy of the magazine that came in the mail the other day, with the article. I worry about the copyright ramifications,  tho. Would posting a copy of the article get 4sqrp in trouble?

John
KF5CSW
Roger's, AR

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

AG1P Ron

Yes it would. Please do not post. I would have to take it down and the club would be at risk.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Secretary/Treasurer

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

4SQRP Volunteer Co-Moderator

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

John - KK4ITX

The best way is to contact the author(s), they often are granted permission at no charge.  I wrote an article for ARRL and the indication on the contract was that permission could be granted to me and I assumed that from the verbiage their concerns were to do with competitors not with individuals or clubs.

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

John, KK4ITX       # 1603

David Wilcox K8WPE

March 2022

David J. Wilcox’s iPad

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Curt

Ted

My paper QST arrived. The builder wb8imy aka retired dude, once he made fun of my call in QST but I count him as a class guy. Glad to see him enjoying a BJ.

High points are rig reasonably matches its specifications, and the builder messed up the regen toroid on the first try. Nice pretty photos but nothing you haven't heard about.

I don't own a BJ but I do have a unmentionable similar rig on 80m. It's pretty cool. I have other regen receivers that I have homebrewed, best one is known as WBR. Great to see hams experimenting and building.

Curt wb8yyy

Paul Goemans

Yes,
  A nice review and great exposure for 4SQRP and its kits. My QST came very late due to “paper shortage” per the ARRL.
  Thanks for keeping posts “on topic” as I fear we are veering off to “OT” again...

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

My paper QST arrived. The builder wb8imy aka retired dude, once he made fun of my call in QST but I count him as a class guy. Glad to see him enjoying a BJ.

High points are rig reasonably matches its specifications, and the builder messed up the regen toroid on the first try. Nice pretty photos but nothing you haven't heard about.

I don't own a BJ but I do have a unmentionable similar rig on 80m. It's pretty cool. I have other regen receivers that I have homebrewed, best one is known as WBR. Great to see hams experimenting and building.

Curt wb8yyy

Ted

Curt,

Thanks. I was just curious, and I'm glad the reviewer was happy.  A slight difficulty with a torroid is not a huge deal and shouldn't deter anyone. It was a good experience learning the relationship between the windings, associated capacitance, putting it in the appropriate section of the HF band, etc.  While I seldom hold QSO's on it, it's one of my favorite things to show off when demonstrating ham gear.

72,
Ted
K3RTA

PhilKE3FL

Ask permission and most of the time when I have done so most places are fine with it. You are not trying to charge for it, and if you give the requested credit it is usually free to post something from QST and other magazines. They may require a link to the ARRL site and other specifically stated text to be added to the post.

Just try asking first for permission to post the review and see what happens.

--
73 de KE3FL
Phil Karras

AG1P Ron

Already have.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

Ask permission and most of the time when I have done so most places are fine with it. You are not trying to charge for it, and if you give the requested credit it is usually free to post something from QST and other magazines. They may require a link to the ARRL site and other specifically stated text to be added to the post.

Just try asking first for permission to post the review and see what happens.

--
73 de KE3FL
Phil Karras
http://cs.yrex.com/ke3fl

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Phil
I will see if Dave can ask for permission
To repost to the group.
I think he reviewed the article with the
Author/editor.
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com