Bayou Jumper kit back in stock!

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge group 
I am pleased to announce that the latest version of the Bayou Jumper is 
Transceiver kit is back in stock.

While everything around us keeps rising in price, we have been able to 
hold the line on this kit, and we are offering it at the same price it was almost a year ago.

This version has a new vibrant Red face plate as well as some part updates that will allow the use of a low current external  keyer.

Many thanks goes out to the great group of volunteers that have pulled this kit together!!

You can find this kit at :
Have a great weekend,
Johnny ACØBQ 

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Lee Bahr

I was up late last night and saw the order desk was again opened for the Bayou Jumper.  I never thought I would want one until they were no longer available!  My friend Curt, KB5JO got an early one and really likes it.  He got interested in Super Regenerative receivers and built a tube type regenerative receiver which has no front end. Of course the antenna swinging in the wind, made it unstable for regeneration.  Then he purchased the Bayou Jumper and it does have a front end.  With it he finds the receiver very stable and an antenna swinging in the wind has no effect on the Bayou Jumper's regenerative setting.  He tells me the Bayou Jumper Regenerative Receiver with a Front End works great with it.  Of course a Regenerative Receiver also has great sensitivity and some good selectivity too.  So I am now HOOKED!
Lee, w0vt

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm Lee 
I’m glad your excited about these little kits.
They are a lot of fun to build as well.
This one has a different color favs plate and a keying transistor that will allow you to use a keyer.
ACØBQ 

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 11:15 AM Lee Bahr <leebahr@...> wrote:
I was up late last night and saw the order desk was again opened for the
Bayou Jumper.  I never thought I would want one until they were no
longer available!  My friend Curt, KB5JO got an early one and really
likes it.  He got interested in Super Regenerative receivers and built a
tube type regenerative receiver which has no front end. Of course the
antenna swinging in the wind, made it unstable for regeneration.  Then
he purchased the Bayou Jumper and it does have a front end.  With it he
finds the receiver very stable and an antenna swinging in the wind has
no effect on the Bayou Jumper's regenerative setting.  He tells me the
Bayou Jumper Regenerative Receiver with a Front End works great with
it.  Of course a Regenerative Receiver also has great sensitivity and
some good selectivity too.  So I am now HOOKED!
Lee, w0vt

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

PhilKE3FL

Am I missing something? "Keying Options: Straight key built into the front panel, just like the original Paraset!"
When I look at the photo I see a small, 3mm?, headphone port for a straight key I assume. I do not see a built-in key as in photos of the original Paraset radio.
--
73 de KE3FL
Phil Karras
http://cs.yrex.com/ke3fl

PhilKE3FL

Ho, my bad I see the knob to the left is the straight key & the port is for any other key or keyer.
--
73 de KE3FL
Phil Karras
http://cs.yrex.com/ke3fl