Thanks and 73…..
Bruce   KEØVR
Henderson, Colorado

On May 5, 2021, at 6:31 AM, w0rw <w0rw1@...> wrote:

W0RW  operating from Ice Station Zebra, <http://tinyurl.com/zgss4yu>.
Date:  6 May 2021, Thursday. ...Tomorrow...
Freq:   7031 kHz +/- 1.
Time:  1600z, (Noon EDT).

First i will be using my 40 meter Trojan Horse Radio,
It looks like a real BC-221 WW2 Frequency Meter but it has a '1 Watter'  inside
driving a Pacific Antenna  10W amplifier  <http://www.qrpkits.com/10wamp.html> .
It has a Velleman K4001 audio amplifier for the speaker and a Hi-Per-Mite CW audio filter from <http://www.4sqrp.com>.
  You can see photos of it in QRP Quarterly,  April 2021.

Then i will switch over to my other Trojan Horse Radio, The PRC319 "Lite"
It looks like a real PRC319 but it has a  '1 Watter'  inside

Freq:   14061 kHz +/- 1.
Time:  1700z, (1300 EDT).

  You can see photos of the 'PRC319 Lite' in QRP Quarterly, Oct. 2016.
It  weighs about 7 pounds with a 7S - 26650 LiIon battery pack.

  Paul w0rw
@ Ice Station Zebra,
Colorado

Roger-N0RSR

I might be able to give it a shot between nets tonight.

If you're on at 8pm central you may find the 4SQRP net brimming with activity around that frequency. Net control may well be searching around 7.122 for agents and check-ins.

-Roger
N0RSR

On Wed, May 5, 2021, 9:44 AM Bruce Kirkpatrick via groups.io <bkirkpatrick5=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good morning/afternoon all

I would like to try to make a contact or contacts with my Bayou Jumper this evening.
I will be at 7120.1 KHz, at 8:45 p.m. Central time.
My code speed is about 10 wpm.
I will be running it barefoot into a shortened dipole up about twenty feet.
I would welcome and appreciate anyone who could try to work me this evening so that I may prove my worthiness as a spy.

Date:  6 May 2021, Thursday. ...Tomorrow...
Freq:   7031 kHz +/- 1.
[...]

Paul Goemans

Bruce,
  I heard you very well, calling CQ on 7120 KHz at 0154Z. I called you with 5 watts, no go. I heard you answer WD9DWE’s CQ, he was 1 KHz above you and running 100 watts. I guess he did not hear you! I called you a few more times on 7120 KHz but only had N3COB and AG5GW respond. Maybe you were on the wrong side of “zero beat”?

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

I would like to try to make a contact or contacts with my Bayou Jumper this evening.
I will be at 7120.1 KHz, at 8:45 p.m. Central time.
My code speed is about 10 wpm
I will be running it barefoot into a shortened dipole up about twenty feet.
I would welcome and appreciate anyone who could try to work me this evening so that I may prove my worthiness as a spy.
Thanks and 73…..
Bruce   KEØVR
Henderson, Colorado

Ted

Hi, Bruce.

How did your testing go - did you find volunteers?

I should read my e-mail notices more often. Perhaps we could try at another opportunity; I've yet to make a Bayou Jumper to Bayou Jumper contact to date. By the time I got on last night, the band was wide-open to the EU and the Big radio was having fun trying. Maybe it'll open up east to west for us next time.

Ted
K3RTA

Curt

Another idea is join skcc. They have a lot of ears, many that monitor their chat page. Several BJ ops and many with homebuilding interest.

73 curt

Robert Pritchard

Kid