From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of Cliff Fox (KU4GW) <cliffku4gw@...>
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2019 2:32:04 AM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Better Late Than Never!

Hey guys!
                I bought the original AA0ZZ EZ Keyer several years ago, but had never built it mainly due to me feeling bad almost all the time as a result of the chemo drug Revlimid that I take as a maintenance drug to keep multiple myeloma blood cancer from returning. I was diagnosed in stage 3 back in 2007, but beat it after 7 months of IV chemotherapy and radiation followed by a autologous stem cell transplant. It came back in stage 1 in 2010, but I was able to put it into remission again after 8 months on 25 mg Revlimid and I still take the 15 mg ones 21 out of every 28 days to keep it in remission, I hope for many many years to come since there is no cure for it, but Revlimid just zaps my energy and I never feel much like doing anything at all other than playing on my radios or laptop PC. Well, I've been feeling good just recently so I finally mustered up the energy to build the keyer and it is working great! I hope I continue to feel good because I have 2 other kits I've never finished, one is a NM0S HI-PER-MITE CW filter kit and the other is the Pig Rig version 1 QRP transceiver that transmits around 7037 kHz along with a enclosure for it I got from Ten-Tec and also labels that W8DIZ Diz printed and mailed to me. I've had all these for several years, I believe the serial number on the Pig Rig is # 47. I found the receipt for it and I bought it in August 2014. Hopefully I'll have both of them finished soon if my energy level holds out for a while. Anyway, like the subject line says, "Better Late Than Never!"

Very 72/73
Cliff, KU4GW
4SQRP # 536

Cliff Fox (KU4GW)

Hi Dale,
            I monitor on 7044 a lot and sometimes on 7030 or around SKCC call frequencies, but you can look at my QRZ profile page at any time and scroll down just past the About Me section to where is says My Last 30 QSOs in HRD Logbook and if I'm on the air you will see a red flashing ON AIR sign centered in the HRD Logbook window and it will say "ku4gw is on air" just beneath that sign and immediately below that it lists the actual frequency of VFO A on my radio.
                                                                                                                     Very 73!
                                                                                                                     Cliff, KU4GW

W6BOW

Cliff, KU4GW

OK on your physical challenges and on your triumphs Cliff. Thanks for inspiring.

I built my NM0S HI-PER-MITE CW filter years ago. Still works great. Ideal for QRP Home Brew stuff.

Or ...

... one can go really basic and save a few precious mAs with a PASSIVE CW filter.

Please see attached from "QRP Notebook by Doug DeMaw (ARRL)"
https://www.amazon.com/QRP-Notebook-Doug-W1FB-DeMaw/dp/B000J0FMOA
I've used this circuit to great advantage.

73,

Don Buckter - W6BOW
San Francisco  CA  USA