BIRTHDAY

AG1P Ron

I have deleted this message and put the member on moderation. I assume person has been hacked.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Co-Moderator

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

Johnny AC0BQ

That was my thoughts

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Tom Sevart

On 3/14/2022 12:35, AG1P Ron wrote:
I have deleted this message and put the member on moderation. I assume person has been hacked.
72 - Ron - AG1P
That's a common scam. They'll hack someone's email or else spoof the email address and email a bunch of people asking if they can buy them an Amazon or Best Buy gift card for them because they're out of town away from internet access and they desperately need a gift card for their daughter's (or whoever's) birthday. So they'll have the mark buy a gift card for $250 or $500 or whatever and give them an address to send it to, assuring them that they'll pay them back. Of course they never pay it back and they take the gift card and redeem it for cash or else spend it.

They like to hack email addresses so they'll appear legitimate to the people in that person's email address book.

Anyway, be aware, everyone! There are a lot of people who want to separate you from your money.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Dan Miller

Hi,
I hope you tried to contact whomever this was.
(I haven't seen any nonsense in my account, but...?)
Dan, KG7JVE

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022, 11:35 AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

I have deleted this message and put the member on moderation. I assume person has been hacked.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Co-Moderator

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

Leland L. Bahr

I got a serious TROJAN virus on my computer yesterday.  I don't know where it came from, but I did get it yesterday.  Last night I did a virus search as I normally do and found it.  I was able to remove it by restoring a 10 day earlier version.  While having the virus, I did not see any mischief.  I am usually pretty cautious of what I open and can't remember opening anything yesterday that could have injected it.  Just glad it is gone with no side effects.

Lee, w0vt

Dan Miller

Lee W0VT,

I hope you got it!

I don't know if I got hit with something on my 'puter? That one uses Linux and somehow the DNS on it got changed so it wouldn't go anywhere on the Internet. I think that 127.0.0.53 address is actually on that box! The other strange thing I saw in there was some exception for some ad? At least it seemed like it was for that ...
I'm no good with Linux! I had a hard time stumbling around in the commands for sure! But I think I changed it to use Open DNS and it actually went out on the net! I'll turn it back on in the next few days and see what happens.

I feel that everything right now that is connected to the internet is being 'attacked' a lot. Even this phone has been doing 'new' things in the last few days.... I think there's lots of mischief about!

Dan, KG7JVE