Topics

Calibrating the Pig Rig without a Freq counter?

w1sfr <steverob@...>

Ok. I got the Pig Rig built and now I have to calibrate and align it. I don't have a freq counter or a 10V source. I can figure out how to step the voltage down from my power source, but was wondering if there was any alternative to having a freq counter?

73
Steve
W1SFR

WA0ITP

GM Steve,

Yes, set your big rig to 7030.7 and remove it's antenna.

Connect the pigrig to a dummy load. Key it , and adjust C26 to zero beat on your
big rig.

Connect the pigrig to the antenna and call cq several times while checking the
reverse beacon network http://ham.jit.su/fsqrp several of the skimmers should
hear you and report your frequency.

PigRigs are designed to run off a 12 volt supply, no need to drop it to 10
volts.

Good luck and have fun..

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA�ITP
www.qrpspots.com

| Ok. I got the Pig Rig built and now I have to calibrate and align it. I don't
have a freq counter or a 10V source. I can figure out how to step the voltage
down from my power source, but was wondering if there was any alternative to
having a freq counter?

| 73
| Steve
| W1SFR

w1sfr <steverob@...>

Well, I'd say that was easy enough. Thanks!

Making the last tweaks and wiring up the pots etc now.

73
Steve

--- In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

GM Steve,

Yes, set your big rig to 7030.7 and remove it's antenna.

Connect the pigrig to a dummy load. Key it , and adjust C26 to zero beat on your
big rig.

Connect the pigrig to the antenna and call cq several times while checking the
reverse beacon network http://ham.jit.su/fsqrp several of the skimmers should
hear you and report your frequency.

PigRigs are designed to run off a 12 volt supply, no need to drop it to 10
volts.

Good luck and have fun..

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.qrpspots.com

| Ok. I got the Pig Rig built and now I have to calibrate and align it. I don't
have a freq counter or a 10V source. I can figure out how to step the voltage
down from my power source, but was wondering if there was any alternative to
having a freq counter?

| 73
| Steve
| W1SFR

kb4qqj

Send CQ CQ de W1SFR W1SFR several times repeatedly. Then go check the reverse beacon net for your call and freq. If it is off, wait 10-15 minutes and do it again till it shows 7030.7
Just my thoughts.

Randy_KB4QQJ

In a message dated 3/28/2013 9:01:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, steverob@... writes:

Ok. I got the Pig Rig built and now I have to calibrate and align it. I don't have a freq counter or a 10V source. I can figure out how to step the voltage down from my power source, but was wondering if there was any alternative to having a freq counter?

73
Steve
W1SFR

Wayne Dillon

Terry,
Can you check and see if my direct e-mails have gone someplace else?
God Bless
Wayne - KC0PMH

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:

GM Steve,

Yes, set your big rig to 7030.7 and remove it's antenna.

Connect the pigrig to a dummy load. Key it , and adjust C26 to zero beat on your
big rig.

Connect the pigrig to the antenna and call cq several times while checking the
reverse beacon network http://ham.jit.su/fsqrp several of the skimmers should
hear you and report your frequency.

PigRigs are designed to run off a 12 volt supply, no need to drop it to 10
volts.

Good luck and have fun..

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.qrpspots.com

| Ok. I got the Pig Rig built and now I have to calibrate and align it. I don't
have a freq counter or a 10V source. I can figure out how to step the voltage
down from my power source, but was wondering if there was any alternative to
having a freq counter?

| 73
| Steve
| W1SFR