CQ is Alive and Well!

PhilKE3FL

This from Rich W2VU at CQ Magazine:

Hi Phil,

The print edition has indeed been a problem (the paper shortage is a contributing factor but the main one is a shortage of paper printed with green ink! - a situation we hope to be starting to resolve very soon). The digital editions have been out on time every month, though. Please ask Ron to contact me so I can look into his digital subscription.

Generally speaking, once we get things moving again - which, again, we hope will be very, very, soon - it is our plan to catch up on delayed issues if that is still feasible and in any event, to extend all print subscriptions by the number of delayed issues. In addition, PDF copies of the Sept-Dec digital editions are available on request. Requests should be sent to cq@..., or to me.

Please pass along our apologies for the delays and our appreciation for everyone's patience and understanding.

Vy tnx & 73,
Rich W2VU

-----

73 de KE3FL
Phil

--
73 de KE3FL
Phil Karras

Walter - K5EST

Wow, how hard would it be to change ink colors from green to.....whatever.

Walter Dufrain - K5EST - QRPcw
https://www.qrz.com/db/k5est

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022, 08:26 PhilKE3FL via groups.io <sweepspk=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

J.K. Wright

Doesn't sound like you understand printing.

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022, 9:46 AM Walter - K5EST <walter.k5est@...> wrote:
[...]

Kent Trimble, K9ZTV

He meant operating capital, Walter.  You know, like CASH-kind of green-ink.   That's always the hardest kind of paper to acquire.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV

On Jan 19, 2022, at 8:47 AM, Walter - K5EST <walter.k5est@...> wrote:

Wow, how hard would it be to change ink colors from green to.....whatever.

Walter Dufrain - K5EST - QRPcw
https://www.qrz.com/db/k5est

Walter - K5EST

Hi Kent, yeah I know :-)

I only put in a bit over 25 years in printing until it was desktop publishing, which collapsed the printing trade.

73,
Walter Dufrain - K5EST - QRPcw
https://www.qrz.com/db/k5est

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022, 09:33 Kent Trimble, K9ZTV <k9ztv@...> wrote:
He meant operating capital, Walter.  You know, like CASH-kind of green-ink.   That's always the hardest kind of paper to acquire.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV

On Jan 19, 2022, at 8:47 AM, Walter - K5EST <walter.k5est@...> wrote:

Wow, how hard would it be to change ink colors from green to.....whatever.

Walter Dufrain - K5EST - QRPcw
https://www.qrz.com/db/k5est

n4mj

A guess on my part - What Are Green Printing Inks? Green printing inks are newer inks that are more environmentally friendly. They do not cause the same damage and pollution to the earth and the atmosphere. In the past inks used for printing were mainly petroleum based, and these substances were often very high in toxic metals and other harmful substances.

  Thank you!

* On 2022 19 Jan 08:47 -0600, Walter - K5EST wrote:
Wow, how hard would it be to change ink colors from green to.....whatever.
He could have just referred to soy ink and it would have been as
understandable...

72, Nate, N0nb

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB

PhilKE3FL

Let's try the email address again for anyone not knowing it:

is is cq@

cq-amateur-radio.com

or for Rich: w2vu@

Just like the website: https://cq-amateur-radio.com/