CQ Magazine still around?

AG1P Ron

GM

Last September I paid for a subscription to the magazine - both print and on-line. I got payment confirm from them. To date I have not received an issue or login for online. I have sent two emails over last month and a half with no response. I get busy signal when I try to call.  Does anyone know if they are still in business?

72 - Ron - AG1P

J.K. Wright

The Dec 2021 issue is online

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022, 1:12 PM AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

GM

Last September I paid for a subscription to the magazine - both print and on-line. I got payment confirm from them. To date I have not received an issue or login for online. I have sent two emails over last month and a half with no response. I get busy signal when I try to call.  Does anyone know if they are still in business?

72 - Ron - AG1P

Jeff Davis

I can only speak for the digital edition. Pretty sure I’m up to date for all including January 2022 edition.

73, Jeff KE9V

On Jan 14, 2022, at 1:11 PM, AG1P Ron <ag1p@earthlink.net> wrote:

GM
Last September I paid for a subscription to the magazine - both print and on-line. I got payment confirm from them. To date I have not received an issue or login for online. I have sent two emails over last month and a half with no response. I get busy signal when I try to call. Does anyone know if they are still in business?
72 - Ron - AG1P

Ken Bauer

I have not received a print version since September. I have not been able to reach anyone there by phone or email, even to convert my subscription to digital.

Ken WC6Y

On Jan 14, 2022, at 10:11 AM, AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

GM

72 - Ron - AG1P

Bruce Kirkpatrick

I have been getting print copies each month, and now switched to digital due to the fact that the print copies came a month late.  The digital one showed up, so they are still in business.
Bruce 
KEØVR

On Jan 14, 2022, at 11:31 AM, Ken Bauer via groups.io <ken.bauer@...> wrote:

I have not received a print version since September. I have not been able to reach anyone there by phone or email, even to convert my subscription to digital.

Ken WC6Y

GM
72 - Ron - AG1P

Robert

I paid for a print subscription in August, got the September magazine and nothing since then. I complained in October, they sent me to PDF's of October and November, still no magazines. I complained again a week ago and have heard nothing. I told them in my email that I would give them until the end of the month of January to deliver, or I would complain to Pay pal for non delivery of goods. I also ordered a book on Hex beam's at the same time that I have not received. I guess that what happens when you have your printing done in China.

Bert
N0YJ

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022, 12:49 PM Bruce Kirkpatrick via groups.io <bkirkpatrick5=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have been getting print copies each month, and now switched to digital due to the fact that the print copies came a month late.  The digital one showed up, so they are still in business.
Bruce 
KEØVR

Ken WC6Y

GM
72 - Ron - AG1P

Thomas Martin

you may want to reach out to K0NEB/Joe he writes for them and may be able to shed some light on the problem 
tom/k0amd

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 1:02 PM Robert <e1dslr@...> wrote:
I paid for a print subscription in August, got the September magazine and nothing since then. I complained in October, they sent me to PDF's of October and November, still no magazines. I complained again a week ago and have heard nothing. I told them in my email that I would give them until the end of the month of January to deliver, or I would complain to Pay pal for non delivery of goods. I also ordered a book on Hex beam's at the same time that I have not received. I guess that what happens when you have your printing done in China.

Bert
N0YJ

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022, 12:49 PM Bruce Kirkpatrick via groups.io <bkirkpatrick5=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have been getting print copies each month, and now switched to digital due to the fact that the print copies came a month late.  The digital one showed up, so they are still in business.
Bruce 
KEØVR

Ken WC6Y

GM
72 - Ron - AG1P

Tim N9PUZ

Sadly, I gave up on CQ long ago. I really liked the magazine but it was a constant struggle to get the issues I had subscribed to receive. It was just too frustrating.

Good luck Ron! If they ever get their act together, I'd happily resubscribe.

Tim N9PUZ

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 12:12 PM AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

GM

72 - Ron - AG1P

cornhusker

OK, Here goes...
From time to time, we have had problems in the past with printing and mailing, but this time it has been way too long since a print edition has been mailed.  I still am submitting my monthly columns, and they are published on time via our digital subscriptions.  I, too, haven't received a mail edition since August.  When I go to hamfests, club meetings, or sometimes lately on the air, I have also been beset by angry subscribers who would like nothing better than to be able to read what I have written.  Please know that I have forwarded those concerns directly to our editors and publisher.  There really isn't a lot more that I can do about it.  They have said very little to me about it, other than they hope to correct it soon.  However, if you are a print/mail only subscriber, they have told me to let you know that your subscription is being extended automatically to cover the non-mailed issues.  In addition here is a link to where you can download the missing issues in their entirety as a PDF file that can be easily read on any device capable of viewing PDF files.    There is no login needed.  I make sure I cover each and every new Four State kit as they are released to be able to support and continue to support the Four State QRP Group.  I honestly don't know what the future holds for CQ, but I hope that somehow it is able to carry on in print and/or digital editions, as there needs to be another major publication in amateur radio.  I plan on speaking at the St. Louis Winterfest next week and am looking forward to seeing everyone at Ozarkcon as well.  I always look forward to seeing everyone in person as well as on the air.  Please accept my apologies and please remember that I always have supported Four State QRP in my CQ columns for the last 13 years.  If anyone is planning on going to the SLSRC Winterfest next week and wants some of those 3D printed crystal case kits for the Bayou Jumper mentioned in previous emails, let me know, and I'll bring some with me to St. Louis as well as Branson.  
72/73 de K0NEB
Joe Eisenberg
Kit Building Editor, CQ Magazine

In my experience, you may as well consider your money lost.

As a Ham Radio subscriber in 1990 CQ did not honor their promised
obligation to HR subscribers when they bought and shut down HR for
little good reason. I blew it off as I only had a handful of months
left on my HR subscription and figured they just ignored those of us
with a short period of time left.

A couple of years later I did subscribe to CQ and enjoyed it for many
years.

I was also a lifetime subscriber to World Radio and was promised a
rather lengthy extension to my CQ subscription and WR would henceforth
be printed in an electronic version only and made freely available.
Well, my subscription received a modest extension but then they opted to
put WR behind a paywall with a service that I was not sure I could
access from Debian so WR was cutoff from me, another reneging on a
promise and then oddly my CQ subscription just stopped with maybe six
months left. It wasn't worth pursuing, again, but this time I decided
that I would no longer support that outfit with my hard earned cash.

Note well that not only the CQ magazine at one point I also subscribed
to CQ VHF and Popular Communications both of which ceased publication
and supposedly had their content folded into CQ. Yeah, right. I also
bought books from them and at least did receive every one and so far the
ink has not faded from the pages that I know of.

This outfit is not deserving of any ham's cash, in my opinion, but
please post links to PDF copies as I am owed.

72, Nate

--
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all
possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true."
Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB
GPG fingerprint: 82D6 4F6B 0E67 CD41 F689 BBA6 FB2C 5130 D55A 8819

ROHN Daghtry

That's a good question!  I also paid back in Aug and have received only the Sept issue.  I wrote to them and they "extended" my subscription one month and allowed me to download the PDF for the next month.  Have not been able to download any more and have not heard a word from them since.  Sent a another email before Christmas and still have not heard from them.

I know everyone will say "supply issues" but, that stops you from answering an email?

Virus-free. www.avg.com

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 1:12 PM AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

GM

72 - Ron - AG1P

--
L. Rohn Daughtry, A.A.S.; BSW
KD4HCT 
WRBL294
252-286-4600 

Dave-NF0J

I subscribed to the online only version of CQ Magazine late last July. The subscription started with the August issue, and, so far, I haven’t had any problems. The last email I received from them was on January 6, 2022.

Hope this helps.

72, Dave NFØJ

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> On Behalf Of AG1P Ron
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2022 11:12 AM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] CQ Magazine still around?

GM

72 - Ron - AG1P

AG1P Ron

Thank you for all your replies. I understand the problem now. They have been around a long time and deserve some support so after reading K0NEB’s post, will wait a while longer to see how things turn out before asking for a refund.

72- Ron - AG1P

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of AG1P Ron
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2022 10:12 AM
Subject: [4SQRP] CQ Magazine still around?

GM

72 - Ron - AG1P

Tommy Gober

Yeah when they bought WorldRadio and shuttered it with haste I was very put-off.
They've been pushing digital for a good long while. I prefer print because it's something I can read when I'm not online. If I'm online, I'm going to seek out the information I want to read at that moment (on demand).
With print, it's like broadcast radio, I'm not sure what I want to read about so serve it up.

Again, just they're pushing digital because it's so much cheaper (all profit versus print/postage).

It would seem that CQ Magazine has been in a tough spot for several years with their publication getting pulled from bookstore shelves (Barnes and Noble and Books a Million used to stock it, then they stopped.) Since then I've heard on-again-off-again complaints about delivery of their print edition.
I know nothing of the publication or the publishing industry but it seems to me, a complete outsider, they must have financial hangups with their printer whoever it is.
"You're behind payment, we need more funding if we're to print your magazine."
'But we can't give you more money until our readers get what they've paid for and advertisers see what they're spending money on!'
"Ok, we can print you one month for just your subscriber base, but you have to pay more next month to make up for your past due balance." (repeat ad nauseum)

Again, I know nothing about this, that's my hunch of what's going on. Not an enviable slippery slope to be on. I think they're hanging on by their fingernails with slim margins and the digital edition. How they've hung on this long I have no idea. I used to really enjoy picking up a copy in the store when I saw it had something appealing in it.

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 2:28 PM Nate Bargmann <n0nb@...> wrote:
In my experience, you may as well consider your money lost.

As a Ham Radio subscriber in 1990 CQ did not honor their promised
obligation to HR subscribers when they bought and shut down HR for
little good reason.  I blew it off as I only had a handful of months
left on my HR subscription and figured they just ignored those of us
with a short period of time left.

A couple of years later I did subscribe to CQ and enjoyed it for many
years.

I was also a lifetime subscriber to World Radio and was promised a
rather lengthy extension to my CQ subscription and WR would henceforth
be printed in an electronic version only and made freely available.
Well, my subscription received a modest extension but then they opted to
put WR behind a paywall with a service that I was not sure I could
access from Debian so WR was cutoff from me, another reneging on a
promise and then oddly my CQ subscription just stopped with maybe six
months left.  It wasn't worth pursuing, again, but this time I decided
that I would no longer support that outfit with my hard earned cash.

Note well that not only the CQ magazine at one point I also subscribed
to CQ VHF and Popular Communications both of which ceased publication
and supposedly had their content folded into CQ.  Yeah, right.  I also
bought books from them and at least did receive every one and so far the
ink has not faded from the pages that I know of.

This outfit is not deserving of any ham's cash, in my opinion, but
please post links to PDF copies as I am owed.

72, Nate

--
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all
possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."
Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB
GPG fingerprint: 82D6 4F6B 0E67 CD41 F689 BBA6 FB2C 5130 D55A 8819

Ron Eike

Are you looking on Zineo for your online issues?
Ron KA3PSO

Mike Malone

I get my digital copies on Kindle.  Hopefully, they get the print side on track.  I miss magazines.  73, Model Airplane News, etc...

Mike KD5KXF 
Contributing to tree killing through reading since 1966

On Friday, January 14, 2022, cornhusker via groups.io <cornhusker=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
OK, Here goes...
From time to time, we have had problems in the past with printing and mailing, but this time it has been way too long since a print edition has been mailed.  I still am submitting my monthly columns, and they are published on time via our digital subscriptions.  I, too, haven't received a mail edition since August.  When I go to hamfests, club meetings, or sometimes lately on the air, I have also been beset by angry subscribers who would like nothing better than to be able to read what I have written.  Please know that I have forwarded those concerns directly to our editors and publisher.  There really isn't a lot more that I can do about it.  They have said very little to me about it, other than they hope to correct it soon.  However, if you are a print/mail only subscriber, they have told me to let you know that your subscription is being extended automatically to cover the non-mailed issues.  In addition here is a link to where you can download the missing issues in their entirety as a PDF file that can be easily read on any device capable of viewing PDF files.    There is no login needed.  I make sure I cover each and every new Four State kit as they are released to be able to support and continue to support the Four State QRP Group.  I honestly don't know what the future holds for CQ, but I hope that somehow it is able to carry on in print and/or digital editions, as there needs to be another major publication in amateur radio.  I plan on speaking at the St. Louis Winterfest next week and am looking forward to seeing everyone at Ozarkcon as well.  I always look forward to seeing everyone in person as well as on the air.  Please accept my apologies and please remember that I always have supported Four State QRP in my CQ columns for the last 13 years.  If anyone is planning on going to the SLSRC Winterfest next week and wants some of those 3D printed crystal case kits for the Bayou Jumper mentioned in previous emails, let me know, and I'll bring some with me to St. Louis as well as Branson.  
72/73 de K0NEB
Joe Eisenberg

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Mike 
I like magazines too.
Writing notes on my computer screen doesn’t work too well!
Johnny ACØBQ 

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 5:14 PM Mike Malone <kd5kxf@...> wrote:
I get my digital copies on Kindle.  Hopefully, they get the print side on track.  I miss magazines.  73, Model Airplane News, etc...

Mike KD5KXF 
Contributing to tree killing through reading since 1966

On Friday, January 14, 2022, cornhusker via groups.io <cornhusker=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
OK, Here goes...
72/73 de K0NEB
Joe Eisenberg

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

AG1P Ron

I was never given a login to view them
72 - Ron - AG1P

-----Original Message-----
From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Eike
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2022 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] CQ Magazine still around?

Ron KA3PSO

N0KNS

Well I Got the Magazine, but couldn't sign in. So called, ARRL, got a pretty, YL, that helped me through.  It was something about, old addresses, didn't match the new.  It was a pleasure, to talk to her. 

Sent: Fri, Jan 14, 2022 5:30 pm

72 - Ron - AG1P

Ron    KA3PSO

--
N0KNS

N0KNS

treat her nice, please

To: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Jan 14, 2022 11:24 pm

Well I Got the Magazine, but couldn't sign in. So called, ARRL, got a pretty, YL, that helped me through.  It was something about, old addresses, didn't match the new.  It was a pleasure, to talk to her. 

Sent: Fri, Jan 14, 2022 5:30 pm

72 - Ron - AG1P

Ron    KA3PSO

--
N0KNS

--
N0KNS