Topics

Cricket 40 side tone not heard

Jim Long

Just built the Cricket 40.  I can hear I am transmitting a tone on a nearby receiver.  I hear another station in my ear phones.    I cannot hear a sidetone in my stereo ear phones.  Any suggestions?

This is a neat kit and was fun to build.

Jim
WW9H

Charles W. Powell

I don’t know if anyone replied to this Jim.  Try a set of ear buds.  The side tone is very impedance dependent.

72,

Chas - NK8O

On May 20, 2019, at 3:05 PM, Jim Long <jphiliplong@...> wrote:

Just built the Cricket 40.  I can hear I am transmitting a tone on a nearby receiver.  I hear another station in my ear phones.    I cannot hear a sidetone in my stereo ear phones.  Any suggestions?

This is a neat kit and was fun to build.

Jim
WW9H

Jim Long

Thanks, I will try that.

JIm

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 7:05 PM Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io <doctorcwp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I don’t know if anyone replied to this Jim.  Try a set of ear buds.  The side tone is very impedance dependent.

72,

Chas - NK8O

On May 20, 2019, at 3:05 PM, Jim Long <jphiliplong@...> wrote:

Just built the Cricket 40.  I can hear I am transmitting a tone on a nearby receiver.  I hear another station in my ear phones.    I cannot hear a sidetone in my stereo ear phones.  Any suggestions?

This is a neat kit and was fun to build.

Jim
WW9H

Ellison

I was using amplified speakers for smart phones, etc. I could not hear the side tone, and- the receive audio was very low. After I saw Charles post.. I tried a pair of ear pods from my iPhone. I could hear the side tone and receive
Audio was much improved. Thank you for the heads up. Does the radio need a audio transformer to work with powered speakers?   73 - Kelly - WB0WQS.