Cricket 80

David Wilcox K8WPE

Is there any interest in reissuing the Cricket 80 kit? Our club is looking for a kit so we could start an 80 m CW net and the other Crickets are too high frequency for a local net.

How many sales would be necessary to reintroduce that kit?

Dave K8WPE

David J. Wilcox’s iPad

Andrew Wollin

I would buy one.

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 12:16 PM David Wilcox K8WPE via groups.io <Djwilcox01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there any interest in reissuing the Cricket 80 kit?  Our club is looking for a kit so we could start an 80 m CW net and the other Crickets are too high frequency for a local net.

How many sales would be necessary to reintroduce that kit?

Dave K8WPE

David J. Wilcox’s iPad

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Dave
If you search for NM0S  dave Cripe’s website.

He sells the 80 meter Crickets.
When we retire the kits they go back to the designer.

Here is the link

72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Gilles F1BFU since 1969
GQRPClub 15889
QRP ARCI 16979

Remi (K1KHU)

Count me in for one!

K1KHU

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021, 12:16 David Wilcox K8WPE via groups.io <Djwilcox01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there any interest in reissuing the Cricket 80 kit?  Our club is looking for a kit so we could start an 80 m CW net and the other Crickets are too high frequency for a local net.

How many sales would be necessary to reintroduce that kit?

Dave K8WPE

David J. Wilcox’s iPad

David Wilcox K8WPE

The Cricket 80 is available on eBay from Dave Cripe, the designer.

David J. Wilcox’s iPad

On Nov 10, 2021, at 10:51 PM, Remi (K1KHU) <remikhu@...> wrote:

Count me in for one!

K1KHU

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021, 12:16 David Wilcox K8WPE via groups.io <Djwilcox01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there any interest in reissuing the Cricket 80 kit?  Our club is looking for a kit so we could start an 80 m CW net and the other Crickets are too high frequency for a local net.

How many sales would be necessary to reintroduce that kit?

Dave K8WPE

David J. Wilcox’s iPad

Don, W9EBK

Some members of ARRL's Amateur Radio Direction Finding committee have been working with an original 4SQRP 80 meter cricket as a possible transmitter to use in 80 meter direction finding applications. I can't say that they will be going with that particular design, but just having the interfacing to an Arduino keyer/controller worked out might spur some sales, should the 80 Cricket be reintroduced.
Don, W9EBK

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 11:16 AM David Wilcox K8WPE via groups.io <Djwilcox01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there any interest in reissuing the Cricket 80 kit?  Our club is looking for a kit so we could start an 80 m CW net and the other Crickets are too high frequency for a local net.

How many sales would be necessary to reintroduce that kit?

Dave K8WPE

David J. Wilcox’s iPad

David Wilcox K8WPE

Really neat idea.

Dave K8WPE

David J. Wilcox’s iPad

On Nov 11, 2021, at 10:06 AM, Don, W9EBK <donw9ebk@...> wrote:

[...]

Gm Don
Dave Cripe NM0S is selling them on his webpage.
NM0S electronics.
I think he could provide lots of them if needed!
72
Johnny