Crystal checker case

lisa

Hi everyone, I just received my crystal checker kit and saw on the website downloadable 3-D printer files for a case and lid.  Does anyone know of anyone selling a case for those of us who don’t have a 3-D printer?

cornhusker

I can print it.  Also, Hobby Lobby sells a wooden box that fits perfectly.
De K0NEB

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 3:55 PM, lisa
<lisarousseau@...> wrote:
Hi everyone, I just received my crystal checker kit and saw on the website downloadable 3-D printer files for a case and lid.  Does anyone know of anyone selling a case for those of us who don’t have a 3-D printer?

lisa

ok, thank you.  How much do you need for it?  when you mentioned the hobby lobby box were you referring to the Bayou Jumper or the crystal checker?  I already have the hobby lobby box for my Bayou Jumper kit.

<lisarousseau@...> wrote:
Hi everyone, I just received my crystal checker kit and saw on the website downloadable 3-D printer files for a case and lid.  Does anyone know of anyone selling a case for those of us who don’t have a 3-D printer?

griffithsesq.robert

image
Griff NE3I
Robert Alan Griffiths

<lisarousseau@...> wrote:
Hi everyone, I just received my crystal checker kit and saw on the website downloadable 3-D printer files for a case and lid.  Does anyone know of anyone selling a case for those of us who don’t have a 3-D printer?

lisa

I have scoured all of the Hobby Lobby stores in a 40 mile radius.  I found only one wooden box, one side was smaller than the other so the board won’t fit.  Of course I returned it and they even ordered a replacement, the new box was out of dimension but in a different way.  I give up.  How much would you want for a 3d printed box for the crystal checker?

image.jpg

<lisarousseau@...> wrote:
Hi everyone, I just received my crystal checker kit and saw on the website downloadable 3-D printer files for a case and lid.  Does anyone know of anyone selling a case for those of us who don’t have a 3-D printer?

Jim, N5IB

Hi Lisa,

I see you found a volunteer to print a case for you.

Just in case anyone needs them, attached are STL files to 3D print a case for the Crystal Spotter.
Uses about 30 grams of material
Often public libraries support local Maker groups and have a 3D printing service at very reasonable cost.
The frustrating truth is it'll cost maybe 75 cents worth of filament to print one, then $5 - $7 to mail it

The spotter **almost** fits in an Altoids tin.
In mine, I used 2-sided foam tape to mount the battery, which makes it sit just a smidge too high, and when you close the lid it activates the switch.
I think perhaps if the thin 2-side tape were used it would close without engaging the switch.

Alternatively - put the switch on the top side, trim the pins flush to the bottom, and put a bit of insulating tape on the bottom of the box under the switch pads.

Jim, N5IB

Jess Gypin

If you don’t get any bites I’ll print one for you

Jess AE0CW

On Jun 28, 2022, at 3:29 PM, Jim, N5IB <n5ib@...> wrote:

[...]

Karl Schwab

My case, or should I say, container, for my Crystal Spotter, is just a plain old Altoid tin!  When I need to use it, I just remove it, place it on my work area, add the battery, and test my crystal.  Plain and simple.  73, de Karl, KO8S