Crystal Spotter Kits update

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge group
We are getting close to the release date for the Crystal Spotter Kits that Jim N5IB designed.
I built a test unit yesterday and it works great!
You can spot your Crystal 2 or 3 feet away from your radio.
We hope to have the web page up by mid week or so.

Thanks 72

QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

William Fogel

Johnny

Being one of the newest builders of a BJ, I will ask the question.  What is a  Crystal Spotter?

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge William
It’s a little test jig that makes the crystal oscillate so you can hear it in your BJ receiver.
It helps you get zero beat.
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Jilly

Once you're in the club, you can never leave :D

w9ran

Jilly, I just have to say that's a pretty cool callsign you have!   (Check her QRZ page if you don't know why I say that)

73, Bob W9RAN

Joshua Wood

Since I still don't see them updated on the website - do you have the dimensions of the crystal spotter board?  Jim showed his original another Hobby Lobby wooden box, and I was going to go pick one up, so that it matched my Bayou Jumper - and I need to know which size to look for!  ^_^

~Josh
W0ODJ

Everett Catlin

Josh
The original Hobby Lobby box SKU #299743S was discontinued. I was told this today at our Hobby lobby store in Columbia, Tn. I was also told that other stores may have some remaining stock. I will rig something up. Good luck and hope to see you on the air.
73 Ev Catlin N5MZX
agent # redacted

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 6:12 PM Joshua Wood <WoodJRx@...> wrote:
Since I still don't see them updated on the website - do you have the dimensions of the crystal spotter board?  Jim showed his original another Hobby Lobby wooden box, and I was going to go pick one up, so that it matched my Bayou Jumper - and I need to know which size to look for!  ^_^

~Josh
W0ODJ

Jim, N5IB

Look in the "Features" part of the kit ordering web page for the board dimensions
I'll add that to the manual for the next update.

N5IB

Everett Catlin

Just visited the site and it says 2.950" x 1.775" is the PCB size.

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 8:57 PM Jim, N5IB <n5ib@...> wrote:
Look in the "Features" part of the kit ordering web page for the board dimensions
I'll add that to the manual for the next update.

N5IB

John - KK4ITX

I just got back from Hobby Lobby, got their last BJ box and they don’t have any for the Crystal Spotter Kit so I will have to see what I can come up with.  Maybe I should go into the small box building business ?

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Jan 30, 2021, at 17:34, Everett Catlin <everettcatlin68@...> wrote:

Just visited the site and it says 2.950" x 1.775" is the PCB size.

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 8:57 PM Jim, N5IB <n5ib@...> wrote:
Look in the "Features" part of the kit ordering web page for the board dimensions
I'll add that to the manual for the next update.

N5IB

cornhusker

I'm going to 3D print mine.  If you can't find something, I might be able to print one.
73 de K0NEB