Crystals, crystals, everywhere crystals!

Lloyd Sumpter

For those rock-bounders like me...

I'm getting quite a collection of crystals for 40m and 20m. Currently they're all in a small metal box, and I have to take off my glasses and squint at them for a while to see what freq they are. How do you store your crystals? Do you have some method of sorting them so you can quickly find the freq you want?

Lloyd VA7LAS

Donald Sanders

 For crystal storage I have a piece of white packing foam at the bottom or a small box. The crystals plug into the foam and sit upright. On the top of each crystal I placed a small white label with the frequency  and the rig used in, if special. This makes it easy to choose the crystal and protects them from my occasional fumbling. The labels were printed on address labels in small print. My handwriting is not so clear. A quick spray of clear krylon keeps them clean.
Dr. Don W4BWS

God Bless All

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 2:03 PM Lloyd Sumpter <lsumpter@...> wrote:
For those rock-bounders like me...

I'm getting quite a collection of crystals for 40m and 20m. Currently
they're all in a small metal box, and I have to take off my glasses and
squint at them for a while to see what freq they are. How do you store
your crystals? Do you have some method of sorting them so you can
quickly find the freq you want?

Lloyd VA7LAS

PhilKE3FL

I do the same sort of thing for small parts but using one of those larger plastic boxes with multiple sections. I place the label inside tapped to the top above that section of the box with the correct part designation, this would work for your crystals and you could have one section with one or more crystals in it and only need one label. Another label could also be put at the bottom of a section to help when you open the box.

--
73 de KE3FL
Phil Karras