From: "nm0s_qrp" <ai9e_qrp@yahoo.com>
To: <4sqrp@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:06 PM
Subject: [4sqrp] Dash!

| Ozarkcon gets a shout-out from Jeff Murray, K1NSS, A.K.A Dash! the Dog-Faced
Ham!

| http://dashtoons.com/

Dan Reynolds

Isn't that cool? We got a Dash toon.
We're famous now guys!

--- In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com, "nm0s_qrp" <ai9e_qrp@...> wrote:

Ozarkcon gets a shout-out from Jeff Murray, K1NSS, A.K.A Dash! the Dog-Faced Ham!

http://dashtoons.com/

Tom Sevart <n2uhc@...>

What would QRP be without Altoids tins?

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Bill Cromwell

On Thu, 2013-03-28 at 22:22 -0600, Tom Sevart wrote:

What would QRP be without Altoids tins?

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS
You could always build a small rig into a 55 gallon barrel (evil grin).
Or maybe a small tin can.

73,

Bill kU8H

Jim Sheldon

If one had a pickup truck, the 55 gallon barrel idea wouldn't be that far fetched.  You could disguise it by putting a modified hand crank pump on the barrel.  Modify the pump to be a small hand cranked generator (you could get your wife to crank the gen while you operated).  With all the "prepping" going on these days that wouldn't be as far fetched as it sounds (except for getting the wife to crank the generator - ""reality check"").

Now, I almost expect Walter, K5EST to show up at OzarkCon with one of these, considering his "tailgate" entry into the "Wacky Key" contest a couple years ago!  Maybe we ought to have a "Wacky Rig" contest one of these years - LOL!

Jim - W0EB

> You could always build a small rig into a 55 gallon barrel (evil
> grin). Or maybe a small tin can.
>
> 73,
>
> Bill  kU8H

Wayne Dillon

Did once see a "Cubic Incher" mounted to a 19" rack panel with the "full size" dial and drive... very cool.
72/ es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:

If one had a pickup truck, the 55 gallon barrel idea wouldn't be that far fetched.  You could disguise it by putting a modified hand crank pump on the barrel.  Modify the pump to be a small hand cranked generator (you could get your wife to crank the gen while you operated).  With all the "prepping" going on these days that wouldn't be as far fetched as it sounds (except for getting the wife to crank the generator - ""reality check"").

Now, I almost expect Walter, K5EST to show up at OzarkCon with one of these, considering his "tailgate" entry into the "Wacky Key" contest a couple years ago!  Maybe we ought to have a "Wacky Rig" contest one of these years - LOL!

Jim - W0EB

> You could always build a small rig into a 55 gallon barrel (evil
> grin). Or maybe a small tin can.
>
> 73,
>
> Bill  kU8H

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

Walter - K5EST

Oh, Jim you could get me into big troubles!

Well, I can say the XYL NQ5R has a special pair of gloves to rotate the beam:-) But gettin her to crank a generator may be chore.

I was gonna bring a weedeater wacky key this year, but it keeps passing gas!

73....Walter . K5EST

George H. Gates

I built some in these. Little tighter fit. XYL says they are cute! She beat me out of some of them for her personal use storing craft items. 72 George/W2BPI