Topics

DELTA MIKE ROMEO NET

Robert

TONIGHT'S TOPIC WAS THE MURIANA AM BROADCAST RECEIVER KIT. HAVE YOU BUILT ONE, DID YOU LIKE IT, DID YOU PERFORM THE MOD ON THE IO GROUP AND DID YOU FEEL IT IMPROVED THE PERFORMANCE.

3 PEOPLE REPORTED BUILDING ONE EVERY ONE LIKED IT, AND EVERYONE FELT THE MOD IMPROVED PERFORMANCE.

N0TGR DICK
AC0BQ JOHNNY
WG5F ED
WW9H JIM
KC0IFQ DENNIS

THANKS TONIGHT'S CHECK INS

73'S
BERT
N0YJ

David Speltz

Is there any way for those of us who have DStar radios to participate?

de David KX1L (formerly KB1PJ)

John Lonigro

David:

DMR is different from DStar.  They are totally incompatible with each other (naturally).  You need an inexpensive DMR HT and a Zumspot (or similar hotspot), as well as a decent internet connection and WiFi, to get on the DMR net,  By the way, Zumspot is also supposed to work with DStar, but I haven't tried that.

The good news is DMR HT's are truly inexpensive, unlike DStar models.  And they work as regular FM HT's as well.  Zumspots only work with UHF HT's, so make sure the one you buy is either UHF or dual-band.

The DMR net is sometimes interesting.  Whether you'd want to invest in new equipment solely for the purpose of joining the net is a question you need to answer.

72,
John AA0VE

On 11/14/19 8:27 AM, David Speltz wrote:
Is there any way for those of us who have DStar radios to participate?

de David KX1L (formerly KB1PJ)

Gwen Patton

Or get a ThumbDV and plug it into a USB port on  your computer. I have one plugged into a powered hub on a Raspberry Pi, hooked into my home network, running AMBEServer. With some dynamic DNS jiggery-pokery, I can reach it from any computer in the house that will run one of the BlueDV apps, including my Android phones. That gets me both DMR and D-Star, and soon will support Fusion as well.

Gwen, NG3P

--

-+-+-+-+-
Jenny Everywhere's Infinite: Quark Time