AC0BQ JOHNNY
K0EMT BRYAN
N0MII JEFF
KU5M JOE
W8NWA MIKE

Frank Perkins

Hi folks,
I'm confused.
I just read a post about a guy that got 7 contacts in a row with a Cricket 40 on the 4SQRP DMR net.
I understand hf qrp with the Cricket (have a Cricket 80A).
I understand vhf/uhf dmr communications (own a uhf repeater, but don't do any dmr stuff).
BUT . . . . I don't understand the connection. He didnt say he talked about the cricket while on the dmr net, he said the cricket 40 contacts were made while  on the dmr net.
How?
Frank N6CES

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020, 7:30 PM Robert <e1dslr@...> wrote:
Tonight's Net  check in's

N0TGR DICK
KC0PP KEITH
N0SO MIKE
WG5F ED
AC0BQ JOHNNY
K0EMT BRYAN
N0MII JEFF
KU5M JOE
W8NWA MIKE

John Lonigro

My guess (and that's all it is) is he meant he was multitasking:  Making contacts with the Cricket 40 (on HF in the usual way) while waiting his turn to speak on the DMR net.  Nothing else makes sense.

72,
John, AA0VE

On 3/11/20 11:08 PM, Frank Perkins wrote:
[...]

Ok, thanks.
Thought it was strange, but might be some kind of new interface.
Easy to confuse an 80 year old fart ham!   :-)
Frank