Topics

[DigitalFM] TONIGHT'S DMR NET

Tim McDonough N9PUZ

During this evening's net and in previous nets there are occasionally transmissions which get "cut off" and the operator is still talking. I think two things may help with this:

1) Whether you are using a hot spot or a repeater, YOUR RADIO also has a time out timer. On my Tytera MD-380 the default value was 1 minute. It is easy to talk longer than that. I bumped my timeout timer up to 6 minutes to eliminate that problem.

2) Don't kerchunk your hotspot or repeater while someone else is transmitting. This seems to really confuse the system.

It's exciting to see the net growing!

73,

Tim N9PUZ