Topics

DMR Net

Many of us tried to get in a few times. I don't know if this is on Berts side or just the talk group server lagging out. Lots of loss and ber rates in the red. I have been listening on both the rig and the dash from BM and lots of lost in translation has been going on for a few weeks now.

 I hope the net continues to grow but the amount of loss is pretty rough.

David

  N8DAH

Kit-Projects.com

Shop now open!

Jeff Logullo N0̸MII

David,

How are you connecting?

Generally I thought things sounded pretty good. Here's a screen shot from my hotspot. (Oddly enough, my BER here is higher than usual. I'm using a different setup than I do at home...)

N0̷YJ has a bit of a challenge with his satellite internet, but although it stutters a bit I find him still copyable.

Listening to others discuss the Brandmeiser server they are connecting to with their hotspot; perhaps you might try another? I use 3102 at present; IIRC I tested the servers and picked the one with the shortest latency.

Jeff N0̸MII

--
Jeff N0̷MII

I will have to look into a change I guess. I heard quite a few others check in and not get picked up. I have used DMR for about a year now and this has been the most delayed TG to date, no blame of course as it could just be how I am getting in. I have been using the BM listening feature to hear from both the internet and my hotspot to try and make it 100% copy and still lose some of it.

Running :

ZumSpot

Anytone AT-D868UV

With a solid 100Mb line to the net.

BM Master 3108 (I just switched to 3102)

Hope to make it in next week and still enjoyed listening.

--
David

  N8DAH

Kit-Projects.com

Shop now open!

Charles W. Powell

Yes, David.  My friend Mike, W8NWA had trouble with 3108.  That server is considered “experimental” by Brandmeister and it can be squirrelly.  I have stopped using it because I had too many unexplained problems with it.

72,

Charles - NK8O

On Dec 5, 2018, at 9:52 PM, N8DAH <Dherron@...> wrote:

I will have to look into a change I guess. I heard quite a few others check in and not get picked up. I have used DMR for about a year now and this has been the most delayed TG to date, no blame of course as it could just be how I am getting in. I have been using the BM listening feature to hear from both the internet and my hotspot to try and make it 100% copy and still lose some of it.

Running :

ZumSpot

Anytone AT-D868UV

With a solid 100Mb line to the net.

BM Master 3108 (I just switched to 3102)

Hope to make it in next week and still enjoyed listening.

--
David

  N8DAH

Kit-Projects.com

Shop now open!

Jim Long

I heard conversations on the 4SQRP Talkgroup when I was listening to other talkgroups, such as TAC 310.  Could this be that I had the 4SQRP channel set to Slot 2?

Jim

Charles W. Powell

Check to see if your radio is in promiscuous mode.  If it is, it will hear anything that comes through.  Or at least that’s my guess on this.  Hotspot or repeater?  If it’s a hotspot, try dropping the static connection to 31654 before listening elsewhere.  Also I have seen this problem with Brandmeister Server 3108.  It does some weird things at times.

72,

Charles - NK8O

On Dec 7, 2018, at 7:10 AM, Jim Long <jphiliplong@...> wrote:

I heard conversations on the 4SQRP Talkgroup when I was listening to other talkgroups, such as TAC 310.  Could this be that I had the 4SQRP channel set to Slot 2?

Jim

Jim Long

 "If it’s a hotspot, try dropping the static connection to 31654 before listening elsewhere"

The above is from a previous message.  I DO use a hotspot, but how do I drop the static connection?

JIm Long

Charles W. Powell

There are several ways to do this.  One is to obtain a login to the Brandmeister network under your call and click on your hotspot from the menu column (usually the last on the left side).  Then you can manage static connections.  Second is, if you are using Pi-Star to install the Brandmeister API. Then you can control this from your hotspot dashboard. The Brandmeister API can be added to other hotspots as well, but I am not familiar with anything other than Pi-Star.  I think there is way to do this from the radio, but someone who knows more than me will have to elaborate.  The advantage of the API is that all your connections, both static and dynamic, show up on the Pi-Star dashboard.

I will be adding some links on installing the Brandmeister API to my 4-State DMR document.

72,

Charles - NK8O