Topics

DMR NET

Robert

ANOTHER GREAT NET TONIGHT THANKS TO ALL OF THE CHECK INS

KA4RUR FRED

K0WDO WILL

K7EK GARY

NK80 CHARLES

WW9H JIM

N0MII JEFF

KV6Z BILL

N0SO MIKE

AC0BQ JOHNNY

W0MFQ TOM

N9PUZ TIM

WG5F ED

KF0XV JOE

Wayne Steury

I have not yet figured out how to program my new anytone 878 to do this net I listened some on hose.

Open to suggestions

N9EGT
@waynesteury

Wayne Steury IPhone

On Dec 5, 2018, at 10:38 PM, Robert <e1dslr@...> wrote:

ANOTHER GREAT NET TONIGHT THANKS TO ALL OF THE CHECK INS

KA4RUR FRED

K0WDO WILL

K7EK GARY

NK80 CHARLES

WW9H JIM

N0MII JEFF

KV6Z BILL

N0SO MIKE

AC0BQ JOHNNY

W0MFQ TOM

N9PUZ TIM

WG5F ED

KF0XV JOE

Charles W. Powell

Wayne,

Are you using the Code Plug Manager that came with the radio?  If so, here are the basics.

Make a copy of what is actually on the radio as a starting point and save it.  Anytone recommends this.

Then program in the following order:

  1. Go to the left menu, Digital and select Radio ID list.  Under Radio ID type in your DMR ID number.  Under Name type your call sign. Double click on a line to edit it.  If you have 1 ID and 1 call sign, you will only have 1 entry.
  2. Go to the next menu item under Digital and select Talk Groups.  Double click the first line.  Under Name, type 4-State QRP,  Type: select Group Call, TG/DMR ID: 31654, then click OK.
  3. Go to the top of the list and select Public.  Then select Channel.  Double click the first line or any line you would like to use.  Name: 4-State QRP.  Receive/Transmit frequency depend on whether you are using a hotspot or repeater.  I recommend setting your hotspot to 434.0000.  So if hotspot 434.0000 for both or the repeater pair. Channel Type: D-Digital. Transmit power: Low for hotspot, High or Turbo for repeater.  Bandwidth: 12.5K, TX permit: Always. Scan list: None, then to the right, click on the bar for Contact and select 4-State QRP, Radio ID: select your callsign, Color Code: Depends on the repeater or on the one you selected for your hotspot. I usually leave Color Code 1 for my hotspot and use that on the radio as well, Slot: Depends on repeater owner’s preference. If using a Zumspot it will be Slot2.  Receive group list: doesn’t matter.  Leave Digital Encryption: Off, and Encryption Type: Normal Encryption.   Everything below this point is left unchecked or left alone.  Click “OK”
  4. Go to the next Menu Item Zone.  Double click the first line or any line.  Zone Name: Hotspot or Local Repeater.  Select from the Available Channels on the left 4-State QRP and then click the arrow in the middle of the columns to select and move that to the right.  Click “OK”

You are now ready to upload to the radio.   Select the menu option at the top, Program: Write to radio.  Once that is done, you should have a radio that can access the 4 State QRP Talkgroup.

Notes:
  • Even if your drivers are installed you probably have to Set menu option and select the port.  The program uses a virtual com port that does not stay in the program memory.
  • When you add other talk groups, you use exactly the same procedure
  • To see what your radio is doing/how it is working, use TG 9990 Brandmeister Parrot.  Use PRIVATE CALL when setting up the Digital Contact
  • To talk to a particular individual by DMR ID it is also a PRIVATE CALL
  • Suggested TGs: 91 Worldwide,  310 TAC 310, 311 TAC 311, 31075 Baynet (Hamradio Workbench), 4640 to 4649 Corresponds to US call areas 4640 = Call Area 0 and 4649 = Call Area 9, etc., 3120 Kansas Statewide.
  • If you are using a local repeater, be sure it is Brandmeister.  DMR-Marc and other C-bridge systems WILL NOT WORK to access Brandmeister, the only open source system.

When you have this done and the radio is operational, then let me know and I will send instruction on loading the User Database.  The 868/878 will hold the entire world-wide user database, at least so far.

Let me know if you have any questions.

72,

Charles - NK8O

On Dec 6, 2018, at 4:13 AM, Wayne Steury <waynesteury@...> wrote:

I have not yet figured out how to program my new anytone 878 to do this net   I listened some on hose.

Open to suggestions

N9EGT
Waynesteury@...

Wayne Steury IPhone

On Dec 5, 2018, at 10:38 PM, Robert <e1dslr@...> wrote:

ANOTHER GREAT NET TONIGHT THANKS TO ALL OF THE CHECK INS

KA4RUR FRED

K0WDO WILL

K7EK GARY

NK80 CHARLES

WW9H JIM

N0MII JEFF

KV6Z BILL

N0SO MIKE

AC0BQ JOHNNY

W0MFQ TOM

N9PUZ TIM

WG5F ED

KF0XV JOE

Wayne Steury

Charles, thank you so much for that information. I will save and use it for opportunities I have in the future. I just found out in talking with a ham friend that our repeater does not accept talk group numbers that are not programmed in it. So what you said about the type of repeater is very true.  Ours is not Brandmeister.

 I do not have access to a hotspot at this time. But maybe in the future I can get on the net. We plan to go to Grand Junction, Colorado in January. Maybe it will work there.

Thanks so very very much!

Wayne Steury N9EGT

On Dec 6, 2018, at 6:57 PM, Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io <doctorcwp@...> wrote:

[...]

I do suggest contacting the repeater keeper and at least asking if they will add 31654 to the allowable list.  I think they CAN add Brandmeister TGs to the repeater list, but it’s a question of whether or not they WANT to add them.  Also keep in mind that the TG lists are often different on the different types of systems.  For example, the Parrot function for testing audio I believe is 9999 on DMR-MARC (but don’t hold me to that!)

72,

Charles

On Dec 6, 2018, at 6:15 PM, Wayne Steury <waynesteury@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks.  It is a learning adventure!  QRPp and now DMR ... what next?

--
Wayne F. Steury, D. Min.
Phone or text: 260-525-8933

Chuck Kraly K0XM

They can mapped between BM and C-Bridged repeaters. Also both show 9990 as a parrot, but C-bridges are group calls and BM is a private call.
De K0XM

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:26 PM Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io <doctorcwp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

There you have it from the guru’s mouth! :-)

72,

Charles - NK8O

On Dec 6, 2018, at 6:31 PM, Chuck Kraly K0XM <ckraly@...> wrote:

[...]

Thomas Russell

Hi Charles and group,

I would like to invite you to use our XLX reflector here on the Nature Coast,
for your meetings. If you need a good reliable reflector for DMR. We were tired of the problems with the traditional TG Talk Groups and built our own using XLX software.

The XLX352 reflector can be used for D-Star or DMR.  DMR defaults to Module D,
D-Star is used for A,B,C modules. The setup is a little different, but not complicated.
If you would like to know more about the setup for your radio let me know.
The dashboard is at XLX352.ddns.net. Talk to you soon.

73, Tom, K8YPH