Topics

dual freq mod

John Hall

For those interested. I found this, http://www.qrpkits.com/files/DualXtalSwInfo.pdf at Hendricks QRP Kits.

73 John, KA0KUY

Todd K7TFC

Thanks, John. Very cool. I'll bet something similar could be done with a rotary switch and several xtals (within the same portion of a band, at least).

73,

Todd
K7TFC / Medford, Oregon, USA / CN82ni / UTC-8
QRP (CW & SSB) / EmComm / SOTA / Homebrew / Design

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 10:04 AM, John Hall <ka0kuy@...> wrote:

For those interested. I found this, http://www.qrpkits.com/files/DualXtalSwInfo.pdf at Hendricks QRP Kits.

73 John, KA0KUY

John Lonigro

The dual frequency mod is cool, but WON'T work with the Pigrig, unless you want to switch in/out 4 crystals at a time.

72,

John AA0VE

On 03/10/2013 06:08 PM, Todd F. Carney / K7TFC wrote:

Thanks, John. Very cool. I'll bet something similar could be done with a rotary switch and several xtals (within the same portion of a band, at least).

73,

Todd
K7TFC / Medford, Oregon, USA / CN82ni / UTC-8
QRP (CW & SSB) / EmComm / SOTA / Homebrew / Design

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 10:04 AM, John Hall <ka0kuy@...> wrote:

For those interested. I found this, http://www.qrpkits.com/files/DualXtalSwInfo.pdf at Hendricks QRP Kits.

73 John, KA0KUY

Chuck Carpenter

Folks,

The dual crystal switch was used in a DC40 which uses only one frequency determining crystal. I did another one that switched 5 crystals and included a variable as a simple VXO.

Easy to do with only one crystal to switch. A little more difficult with two crystals as in the Rock-Mites. And not practical in rigs like the pig rig with 3 filter crystals on about the same frequency as TX/RX.

Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ
EM22cv, Rains Co. TX