EFHW Experimental Board info

Jim Sheldon

For the SOTA/POTA guys that like to hike in to the sites and need light equipment. Not counting the weight of the wire that would be used for the actual antenna itself, the Experimental EFHW mounted in the case/cover I designed & printed, weighs in at less than 3 ounces (weighed on a very accurate postal scale) so it should not add too much weight to the stuff you need to haul up the mountain/hill or into a remote site that needs to be accessed on foot.

Just a bit more test information for you.

Jim - W0EB

Jim Sheldon

I've completed the flimsy outdoor test case & installed a completely built antenna matching unit using the kit.  I will hang it outdoors under a bit of strain later today and will let it sit there in the 95+ degree sun to see if it gets softened (straight PLA print material) by the heat like the nay sayers claim it will.  I am also using end insulators for the 67' driven element and the 4' counterpoise.  I'll have the feedpoint up around 10' and the end of the 67' wire will be up high in my neighbor's tree (by request of the neighbor's landlord, no pictures will be published of the install, sorry.  Not sure why, but since they gave me permission to use the tree, I'll comply with their wishes as I might need to use the tree again in the future.

Pix are of the antenna before installation outdoors.

Jim, W0EB

Experimenter kit is secured with a 2 x 8 mm screw through the "Strain" hole
and a nut on the end of the BNC connector mount.

Bobby Drummond

Impressive work!

73 de Bobby - AK4JA

On May 10, 2022, at 12:44 PM, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:

[...]

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#26648) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Visit your group website: www.4SQRP.com
_._,_._,_