Event: Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets - 02/23/2022 #cal-reminder

main@4SQRP.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets

When:
02/23/2022
20:00 to 21:00
(UTC-06:00) America/Chicago

Where:
40 and 80 Meters

Organizer: jomatlock@...

View Event

The 40 Meter Net will be at 8:00 pm central time  on 7.122 +-. QRM
NCS is WQ5RP/ACØBQ

Wednesday evening 80 Meter CW Net. will be at  (8:30PM Central Time Wednesday (DST).

The 80 meter net will be called on 3.564 MHz +/- QRM.
Net control operator is Johnny ACØBQ

* NEW *  Wednesday evening DMR Voice Net will be at (Thursday) 02:00 UTC (9:00PM Central Time Wednesday/)
Four States QRP has a Brandmeister DMR Talk Group (TG31654). Join us to discuss QRP, ask questions, or just ragchew. The Wednesday net is a directed net  but any other time you may use the Talk Group to chat with other QRPers.
Net Control operator is Bert NØYJ.

[...]

Jim, N5IB

Really strong 40 m signal on the net tonight, Johnny. Legit 599.
But the band was going long.
The ionograms were showing the first hop way out around 1000 km (~600 mi) or more, with very low absorption - multiple echo returns on the graph.

https://lgdc.uml.edu/common/ShowIonogram?mid=46473360

And you and I are a smidgen more than 600 mi apart, so we were very nearly at the MUF.

Jim, N5IB

Johnny AC0BQ

ge Jim
That makes sense.
You were the best signal that I had, everyone else has been a whisper with terrible QSB.
Thanks for the Check in.
72
johnny AC0BQ