FW: [4SQRP] Tuner problem

AG1P Ron

GM

This email came in on the Moderator’s line. Can someone help him?

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Co-Moderator

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

Sent: Friday, February 25, 2022 10:11 AM
To: main+owner@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Tuner problem

My 4sqrp tuner works well but the green light is always very dim compared to the brightness that the red light can get.  Even when in perfect tune, green is hard to see in dim light  conditions. How to fix? Maybe another turn of wire on the toroid or replace green with clear bulb? Any ideas?

Thanks,

W5GUS

Johnny AC0BQ

I will try 

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 12:32 PM AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

GM

72 - Ron - AG1P

My 4sqrp tuner works well but the green light is always very dim compared to the brightness that the red light can get.  Even when in perfect tune, green is hard to see in dim light  conditions. How to fix? Maybe another turn of wire on the toroid or replace green with clear bulb? Any ideas?

Thanks,

W5GUS

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

WA0ITP

GA everyone. This was a recognized issue when the tuner first came out.  The green led isnt as bright as the clear red led.   Not much to do about it except change the led. Id suggest changing the green led to a clear yellow or green or red. Or just ignore the green and use the existing red only as an indicator.  Hope this helps.  Pse keep us informed, someone else may wish to use your findings.  Tnx. 

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 12:34 PM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
I will try 

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 12:32 PM AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

GM

72 - Ron - AG1P

Thanks,

W5GUS

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

--

PhilKE3FL

I would use one of the newer ultra bright green LEDs, I've used these as power indicators on HB devices of mine with great success. I have to use larger value resistors to cut down on the brightness by reducing the current through the LED so you will probably have more than enough brightness as is and if too bright add another resistor. I bought the multiple colors package from Amazon I believe. If you need the link contact me directly. my call at yahoo.com.

--
73 de KE3FL
Phil Karras
http://cs.yrex.com/ke3fl