Fw: [fpqrp] Latest on Diz

Jim Sheldon

For those of you who know Diz (W8DIZ of Flying Pigs QRP club fame as well as owner of kitsandparts.com), an update on his condition after his recent brain tumor surgery from his wife as passed on to Mike Hall, WB8ICN.

Jim - W0EB

------ Forwarded Message ------
From "Mike Hall" WB8ICN
Date 5/10/2022 8:00:05 AM
Subject [fpqrp] Latest on Diz

Got this from Nancy this morning...

He is still in the hospital but out of ICU. On many meds to reduce swelling and pain. He hasn't been able to sit up on his own or try to walk. He is able to talk and is just starting to eat some what.

I'm with him everyday during visiting hours, 8 am till 8 pm (I'm late this morning because I'm trying to catch up on Kitsandparts) Want to keep the business open because of him.

Trying to encourage him to do everything and also trying to be patient. He is stubborn which isn't surprising to me after almost 50 years of marriage. Wants to get out of bed but brain is not functioning yet. He lost his left side of peripheral vision a few months ago due to the brain tumor.

Most likely they will send him to rehab shortly and work with him to walk. Thanks for the continued prayers because it is hard to see a love one in this way.

Nancy

David Todd <ac9xh@...>

Jim,

never met the man, but will put Diz and His wife on the prayer list for tonight.
Everyone , lets pray for Diz and his family,.

David
AC9XH

On Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 09:16:21 AM EDT, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:

For those of you who know Diz (W8DIZ of Flying Pigs QRP club fame as well as owner of kitsandparts.com), an update on his condition after his recent brain tumor surgery from his wife as passed on to Mike Hall, WB8ICN.

Jim - W0EB

From "Mike Hall" WB8ICN

He is still in the hospital but out of ICU. On many meds to reduce swelling and pain. He hasn't been able to sit up on his own or try to walk. He is able to talk and is just starting to eat some what.

I'm with him everyday during visiting hours, 8 am till 8 pm (I'm late this morning because I'm trying to catch up on Kitsandparts) Want to keep the business open because of him.

Trying to encourage him to do everything and also trying to be patient. He is stubborn which isn't surprising to me after almost 50 years of marriage. Wants to get out of bed but brain is not functioning yet. He lost his left side of peripheral vision a few months ago due to the brain tumor.

Most likely they will send him to rehab shortly and work with him to walk. Thanks for the continued prayers because it is hard to see a love one in this way.

Nancy

W6BOW

Amen

W6BOW

-----Original Message-----
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, May 10, 2022 12:15 pm
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Fw: [fpqrp] Latest on Diz

Jim,

never met the man, but will put Diz and His wife on the prayer list for tonight.

David
AC9XH

Jim - W0EB

From "Mike Hall" WB8ICN

Nancy

W3BNO

Diaz and his wife Nancy are great people to deal with and provide a wonderful service to the entire amateur radio community. His toroid calculator is the best and easiest to use on the web. I hope the best for both of them
John W3BNO

On May 11, 2022, at 2:26 PM, W6BOW via groups.io <DBuckter@...> wrote:

Amen

W6BOW

-----Original Message-----
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, May 10, 2022 12:15 pm
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Fw: [fpqrp] Latest on Diz

Jim,

David
AC9XH

Jim - W0EB

From "Mike Hall" WB8ICN

Nancy

AndyH

Thanks Jim.  Dang - I didn't know Diz was ill.  Prayers from here as well.

Andy
KG5RKP