Geomagnetic Storm!

Jim Sheldon

WOW! Bands are mostly completely dead this morning. Big CME hit sometime late yesterday and created one of the biggest Geomagnetic storms so far this cycle. According to www.solarham.net & spaceweather.com, the Kp index was actually over 7! Haven't seen that for a while for sure.

The higher bands ought to be really great for the next couple days after the storm dies down (I hope).

Jim, W0EB

Bobby Drummond

The storm has subsided a lot and things are trying to get back to normal. I see that the A index is at 76 now. Been a long time since I have seen an A index at 76 or above.

Let’s hope that the bands do like they often do following a strong geomagnetic storm (allow some unusual propagation to some unusual places for a short time)

73 de AK4JA